Canadians abroad: August 11-16, 2007

DJT

Canadians abroad on TV this week

Since soccerTV.com no longer serves Canada, I will no longer be compiling a "Canadians abroad on TV this week" list.

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for August 11-16, 2007.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game ends 1-0 for Sunderland. Paul Stalteri was covering the side that the late goal came off of. He was forced to run back and try and cover a Sunderland player. He got beat and the ball was crossed in. But I would not say you can blame Diesel as three Spurs players inside the box a few steps away from the goal scorer were just standing around.

Infact I would say Diesel had a great game, maybe one of the best Spurs players out there?

Most matches just gettting started in England:

Begovic is starting for Bournemouth, and Peschisolido starting for Luton in League One.

Hume starting for Leicester. De Vos starting for Ipswich, but Peters isn't dressed. Maybe they got a tape of his play in the U20s, or is there an injury?

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

Infact I would say Diesel had a great game, maybe one of the best Spurs players out there?

I haven't see this match yet but judging from what other observers have had to say on some other boards, he was at best as mediocre as the rest of his teammates today. I'm hoping to see this game later on today to judge for myself.

quote:Originally posted by BearcatSA

I haven't see this match yet but judging from what other observers have had to say on some other boards, he was at best as mediocre as the rest of his teammates today. I'm hoping to see this game later on today to judge for myself.

Stalteri was above average today. The whole team looked sluggish and willing to really have a go at the opposition. Paul did look a bit scrambled when they gave up the late goal but his teammates were all ball watching while he was scrambling so at least he was giving an effort. I would think he deserves another start next week. Hopefully Spurs perform better next week because today they were poor and that's kind.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Most matches just gettting started in England:

Begovic is starting for Bournemouth, and Peschisolido starting for Luton in League One.

Hume starting for Leicester. De Vos starting for Ipswich, but Peters isn't dressed. Maybe they got a tape of his play in the U20s, or is there an injury?

Match reports indicate that De Vos played well. Peters not dressing for today's match is strange because yesterday the Ipswhich coach named him to the 18 man roster

http://www.itfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10272~1089158,00.html

quote:Originally posted by DjinnX

Here is a nice clip of Julian controlling the midfield in the Teresa Herrera pre-season tourney final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW9OLae18nQ

Looks like he is gaining confidence and improving his skills which has me excited to see how he progresses for WCQ.

Edit: I guess I should have posted this in last weeks thread.

This is going to be a very importatnt season for Julian. I hope he builds on the confidence gained from his strong performance at the GC to earn a consistent spot for himself in Deportivo's starting XI. I would like to see him play in a more advanced role for Deportivo. Last year, he seemed to play a more withdrawn role, which really doesn't seem to suit him that well. He's not exactly built for the destroyer role

Pesch was subbed off in the 77th min. Luton wins 2-1. No goals for Pesch

Bircham doesn't dress for Yeovil. Yeovil fall 1-0 to Huddersfield

Ross Smith doesn't dress for Dagenham & Red (League 2). His team lost 1-0

Simeon Jackson comes off the bench in the 64th minute for R&D. Game ends in a 1-1 draw

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by DjinnX

Here is a nice clip of Julian controlling the midfield in the Teresa Herrera pre-season tourney final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW9OLae18nQ

Looks like he is gaining confidence and improving his skills which has me excited to see how he progresses for WCQ.

Edit: I guess I should have posted this in last weeks thread.

That was them up 2-1 late and instead of Madrid pressing they had possession, but not without looking for an attacking play. So all the better.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Issey Nakajima-Farran received is second yellow and his red carded at min 17 of the FC Nordsjaelland [0 - 0] FC Midtjylland game.

It's still 0-0 at the 70th min.

It ended 1-1.

Ledgerwood comes in at the half and played right back for 1860 in the second half. Score was 3-1 at HT and ended 6-2 in favour of the good guys who were on the road at Augsburg.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/2bundesliga/spielpaarungsbericht/object/807870

Brugge (Klukowski) and Torquay (Rayner) play later today...

Klukowski goes 90 as Brugges win 1-0 at G. Beerschot. 2 wins to start the year for Brugges.

Tromso won 2-1 earlier and Lillestrom is winning 1-0 just 8 minutes in.

edit: Livescore.com has updated and the goalscorer for LSK was Occean in the 6th minute. 1-0 at the half.

Simon Rayner has started for Torquay at home to Gray's Athletic. 0-0 at the 30 mins mark

Archived