Canadians abroad: August 11-16, 2007

DJT

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Italy, first game for Uccello with his new teamates Rivarolese Calcio winning of a score of 7 - 0. Against a team in Excellence, which is one down from Serie D. A good result in preperation of Coppa Italia next week to start off the season. In home and away match against Cirie Calcio.

As jpg75 and loyola mention, Occéan nets two as Lillestrøm keep the pressure on league-leaders Brann with a convincing 4-0 win over Lyn. Olivier now has 9 for the season, four behind leading scorer Torstein Helstad of Brann.

Ademolu is recovering from an injury and did not dress as Tromsø took a step away from the relegation battle with a home win over Sandefjord.

In division 1, Grande did not dress due to injury and Brilliant was on the bench the whole game as Molde beat Sparta Sarpsborg 1-0 and are holding a steady course for promotion.

De Serpa made his debut for his new club Mandalskameratene in the 73rd minute and picked up a yellow card in the 86th as MK played to a 1-1 draw away to Tromsdalen.

Guest Can. in UK

Bernier has started for Kaiserslautern versus Monchengladbach. Rob Friend is on the bench for the latter.

Simpson, I suppose, is still injured.

quote:Originally posted by Can. in UK

Bernier has started for Kaiserslautern versus Monchengladbach. Rob Friend is on the bench for the latter.

Simpson, I suppose, is still injured.

The game is being streamed on bwin.com (registration needed). 0-0 at the half.

Moenchengladbach did not deserve the tie as they were outclassed the whole game. Kaiserslautern had lots of chances but their conversion rate was not very good. Moenchengladbach will have to improve a lot if they hope their visit to the 2BL is only going to be a year. Bernier had a pretty good game and is taking the corners (good ball placement) and occasional freekicks for FCK. Friend was not on that long but was active in the time he was on the field. If Moenchengladbach is going to play this type of strategy (defensive with the strikers playing without much midfield support) I think Friend would be more effective than the strikers who started since he is good at holding the ball up and also good on standards (which seemed to be Moenchengladbach's main scoring strategy). Friend and Bernier hugged each other at the end and exchanged shirts. It was a bit funny seeing Friend in the line of Moenchengladbach players acknowledging their fan block all the time wearing a Kaiserslautern jersey.

Good coverage of the game Grizzly.

I was in the stadium, bevore tha game it was like often one of these goosebumps experiences, nearly sold out and a very high expectation and a fantastic atmosphere. The game itselfe in the first half was charactazized by the respect both teams had. In the second Kaiserslautern put more pressure on Gladbach and had a lot of chances to score. The longer the game took the better it became. With 2 goals and a red card at the end. Kaiserslautern lost 2 points yesterday, with Patrice the best player wearing red. In every good situation FCK had he was involved. He has a great overview at the field, won a lot of tackles and his set plays are always dangerous. He is already one of the leaders and for me the boss at the field.

Rob came in too late, Coach Luhukay realized to lste, that he should improve his ofense. 13 minutes in the game is to less to form an opinion about him. But I´m sure, he will score, my guess 9.:-)

Good coverage of the game Grizzly.

I was in the stadium, bevore tha game it was like often one of these goosebumps experiences, nearly sold out and a very high expectation and a fantastic atmosphere. The game itselfe in the first half was charactazized by the respect both teams had. In the second Kaiserslautern put more pressure on Gladbach and had a lot of chances to score. The longer the game took the better it became. With 2 goals and a red card at the end. Kaiserslautern lost 2 points yesterday, with Patrice the best player wearing red. In every good situation FCK had he was involved. He has a great overview at the field, won a lot of tackles and his set plays are always dangerous. He is already one of the leaders and for me the boss at the field.

Rob came in too late, Coach Luhukay realized to lste, that he should improve his ofense. 13 minutes in the game is to less to form an opinion about him. But I´m sure, he will score, my guess 9.:-)

Unfortunatelly at the end there was only Patrice and Rob talking about the game. Hopefully Josh Simpson returns soon but his knee does not allow him to return to the squad. With his speed on the left wing the game of Kaisersautern could be more powerful.

Perhaps someone knows more, when he will be back and how serious his injury is...

quote:Originally posted by Juby

Rhian Dodds apparently played alright (I'm guessing by the espnsoccernet article) but was subbed out before kilmarnock came back to beat dundee united 2-1.

Amazingly, this match was on Setanta Sports yesterday. I'd been watching a South African Rugby match (i was bored) on the channel and the game came on after, but unfortunately i didn't realize who was playing until it was near the end and missed out on scouting Dodds....

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Amazingly, this match was on Setanta Sports yesterday. I'd been watching a South African Rugby match (i was bored) on the channel and the game came on after, but unfortunately i didn't realize who was playing until it was near the end and missed out on scouting Dodds....

Setanta's a pretty exciting channel so far with the odd Carling Cup and Championship game (I think they're showing Ipswich in late September).

They will be showing the Tottenham-Everton game live today.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Start Fan, yes that was his 8th and 9th goals of the season. He had scored his 7th of the year in Round 12 and then scored in the UEFA Cup game later that week so that's why i thought he had one more league goal than he actually did.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336493&page=5

Given that Lillestrøm were eliminated by that Luxembourg team, I think Occéan and the rest of the players would rather forget those two games ever happened... [:P]

Guest Jeffery S.

Atiba scores to tie it up with Benfica, after Rui Costa put the locals ahead. About m. 35, for those few seconds the silly streaming actually worked. A Copenhagen striker got deep left, crossed it in, the defender cleared badly and Hutchinson at the top of the box raced in and drove it low far post.

And Benfica decide to put in Adu even though it is still only 1st half.

Well FCK got their away goal even though Rui Costa's late winner. I think young Freddy will quickly become the Greg Louganis of the USMNT after his time with Benfica. He will beat out Landycakes hands down.

Archived