Gold Cup - Canada vs. Haiti 06/11 [R]

BrennanFan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed feelings on the ref.....he correctly got the penalty so I am grateful there but he's letting Haiti get away with some brutal fouls. Poz nearly got his ankle severed and there wasn't even a foul called, let alone a deserved yellow given.

We need to collapse big time not to go through.....I believe a 2-2 draw will still give us first place in the group on the basis of most goals scored (5 thus far).

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Javier

i am watching the game live on espn in bs.as, first half haiti was way better until canada scored....stalteri was the better player with your number 13 the black guy what`s his name ?

the key was onstad save

You are full of it. Haiti had no depth, no danger before we scored, they passed in some decent combinations, looking for the right wing. Canada did just as well, was more direct and got to the point.

¿Porqué soís tan amanerados a la hora de pensar el futból?

Onstad, Issey and DeRo have been the top performers, good idea to have DeRo take the penalty when his confidence has been boosted by the goal. At first I was a bit worried about DeRo as he seemed to be sleepwalking through the game, with the crowd being so pro Hati, Canada wasn't going to do too much unil the 15 or 20 minute mark when Hati's initial adrenalin rush died out. Jazic and Stalteri are pros and provide confidence to the back, Hainault is doing well and seems to be the outlet of choice fron the back to the mids. The ref is calling a good game (especiaally after Weingaard in the earlier game) when was the last time that Canada got a penalty call in front of a hostile crowd?

I just ran into Atiba Hutchinson's brother on Queen W a couple of hours ago. When you see someone on the street wearing a Canada jersey with Hutchinson on the back - you stop and ask them about it.

He had been in Miami to watch the early games of the tourney...

quote:Originally posted by ken

Onstad, Issey and DeRo have been the top performers, good idea to have DeRo take the penalty when his confidence has been boosted by the goal. At first I was a bit worried about DeRo as he seemed to be sleepwalking through the game, with the crowd being so pro Hati, Canada wasn't going to do too much unil the 15 or 20 minute mark when Hati's initial adrenalin rush died out. Jazic and Stalteri are pros and provide confidence to the back, Hainault is doing well and seems to be the outlet of choice fron the back to the mids. The ref is calling a good game (especiaally after Weingaard in the earlier game) when was the last time that Canada got a penalty call in front of a hostile crowd?

I remember the ref from the World Cup. A quick Wikipedia search reveals:

quote:Marco Antonio Rodríguez (born November 10, 1973) is a Mexican football referee.

An international referee since 2000, Rodríguez was a referee at the 2006 FIFA World Cup. He is nicknamed "Chiquidrácula" by the Mexican press due to his resemblance to a childish image of Count Dracula.

I didn't catch his name, but I'm pretty sure that's the guy. ;)

Archived