Gold Cup - Canada vs. Haiti 06/11 [R]

BrennanFan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by maqing

According to the Chinese commentators on Guandong sports, our defence is second-rate compared to our offence. Defenders and defensive midfielders lack speed so they tend to draw back too soon.

sounds pretty spot on, we are hesitant and our defence looks like they will get beat from any direct balls played in.

Friend is a solid center forward, unfortunately though his weakest spot is his goal scoring which is a big part of the position although he does a lot of really good things, but he lacks that cut throat finishing as was shown with the open net a bit I think.

man, i want to see Friend bury one.. He's playing great, just needs to get the monkey off his back. Hopefully this last 40 minutes gives us a chance to work on our defending or were gonna give up a lot of goals against a more skilled team in later rounds. Would love to see a Friend and Radz partership up front.

Canada attacking well...Friend oh so close twice, lots of runs on the flanks and balls being played into spaces in the middle...me likey ice cream...

oh, and why does our midfield ever pass it back to the defence? In 20 seconds we went from DeRo at the edge of the box to a CB hoofing it away [:I]

Archived