ESPN article on DeRo

Guest Can. in UK

Great article, and a strong argument for DeRo to be our man in the middle with Hutch. In fact, one has to wonder if we truly need both Hutch and DeRo in the middle--along side a destroyer like Serioux. Maybe Hutch should play at centre back with McKenna or Reda.

Anyhow, if England comes calling with big dollars, I don't think the MLS will be able to keep him. I'm pretty sure DeRo has eyed Europe too long to let a good offer pass untouched. We'll see.

Agreed. The guy should have the chance to play the attacking midfield role in a 4 - 3- 3 for at least the next 3 games to see if he can do it at the international level. I would play the following way: Hirschfeld; Stalteri, Reda, McKenna, Kluklowski; Hutchinson DeGuzman; DeRossario; Peters Radzinski; Friend

Gervais and Serioux could get a look in the center at the back; Bernier and Imoff are good cover in the center; Hume and Simpson are cover for Peters and Razinski; and Occean and Gerba can play up front.

DeRo really needs to go to Europe and to a league superior to MLS, ie. not Norway or Denmark. He has been a star at a low level for too long and needs to develop the same ability at a faster pace and against better players than in the MLS. This is why he has been so dissappointing for the national team. I think the MLS is great for developing players but we constantly see players who can star at this level but suck internationally, Onstad being another example. For that reason I hope DeRo doesn't join Toronto FC even though he would be a good player for them. If DeRo is going to realize all of the natural talent he has he needs to be playing in a top league.

The 4-3-3 formation people have been mentioning is really a 4-5-1. Bernier and JDG were playing in the middle of the park last game, with Radz and Simpson on the wings rather than up-front.

------------GK

----------Back 4

--------JDG--Hutch----------

Radz--------Dero-------Simpson

----------Friend-------------

Archived