Lovel Palmer

Omar Daley

Jermaine Taylor

Jason Morrison

Xavian Virgo

Khari Stephenson

Oneil Thompson

Tyrone Sawyers

Story from this morning about their troubles in securing the release of players . . .

Top Boyz may miss friendly

published: Monday | August 28, 2006

Nodley Wright, Freelance Writer

Eight days before the Reggae Boyz play their first match since being swamped 6-0 by England in a pre-World Cup friendly, the Jamaica Football Federation is still to finalise their squad.

The Reggae Boyz meet Canada in the first of a home and away friendly series on Monday, September 4, and according to recently installed interim coach Carl Brown it has been a difficult process getting the squad together. Brown said he is hopeful of having a squad released today.

"We are having a little problem in that a number of the players that we are trying to get will not come," Brown told The Gleaner yesterday. "Even locally we are having problems. Some of the players that we were hoping to have we understand are still in New York," he added.

With Monday, September 4 being a date recognised by FIFA for friendlies, players in the English Premiership and the Championship will not have any games on the weekends but teams playing in lower leagues will not have that luxury.

"Some of them who play in England will have a game on September 2. It makes no sense to have them play on the Saturday, then fly to Jamaica to fly to Canada on Sunday for the game. It makes no sense," explained Brown who added that players born in Jamaica would require a Canadian visa, which time would not allow.

Among those who are set to miss the match because of a Saturday game are goalkeeper and captain Donovan Ricketts, Jermaine Johnson and Jamal Campbell-Ryce. Ricardo Fuller and Damion Stewart who play in the Championship will make the trip while Claude Davis is injured.

Getting national representatives based in the United States to play in this game is not any easier.

"Tyrone Marshall has just come back from an injury so the club has asked us not select him. Andy Williams we have sent something off to but we have not had a response as yet." added Brown .

The story is no different with the Jamaicans based in Sweden. Luton Shelton was ruled out by a midweek injury while Jermaine Hue's club has, like Marshall's, requested that he not be invited. The other two, midfielder Khari Stephenson and forward Teofore Bennett are available, however.

note Ricketts was named anyway

And a story on the squad selection . . .

2006 Wray and Nephew Premeir League MVP, Kevin Lamey and defender Xavian Virgo of Boys Town are among the 11 local based players who will report to the National Senior team training camp Tuesday in preparation for Monday’s away friendly international against Canada in Montreal.

Shawn Sawyers, Richard McCallum, Fabian Davis, Lovel Palmer, Jermaine Taylor, Jason Morrison, Oneil Thompsom and Tyrone Sawyers are the other local based players who will attend squad training at Boys Town home ground starting Tuesday at 4.

Shavar Thomas of the US major league, who last played for Jamaica in the Digicel Cup qualifiers in November 2004, is among the nine overseas based invitees.

Donovan Ricketts, Fabian Dawkins, Ricardo Fuller, Shane Crawford, Damion Stewart, Jermaine Johnson and Khari Stephenson are the other overseas based invitees of head coach Carl Brown.

Luton Shelton and Claude Davis are out injured while Tyrone Marshall, Jermaine Hue and players of the English premiership are asked not to be considered.

cheers,

matthew

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ricketts, Johnson pull out of friendly

ANDREW HANCEL, Observer staff reporter

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Head coach Carl Brown (right) leads the squad through their paces at a training session at Boys' Town yesterday ahead of the Reggae Boyz's international friendly match against Canada next Monday. (Photo: Garfield Robinson)

Regular captain for the the Reggae Boyz, Donovan Ricketts, Jermaine Johnson and Shavar Thomas have all asked to be excluded from the upcoming international friendly away to Canada, further compounding the problems for interim coach Carl Brown.

Ricketts and Johnson, who ply their trade at Bradford City in England, are preparing for a game this Saturday against Brentford, while Thomas is expected to play for MLS side Kansas City Wizards, who are battling for a play-off spot.

Several of the country's top overseas-based players are unavailable due to club commitments, which was the main factor for the delay in the naming of the squad which was announced on Monday.

Nevertheless, Brown had his first training session yesterday at Boys' Town's Collie Smith Drive home ground, with 15 squad members present.

Kevin Lamey (foreground), Oneil Thompson (background) and Lovell Palmer (partially hidden) engage in a physical drill at yesterday's trainig session at Collie Smith Drive. (Photo: Garfield Robinson)

Brown told the Observer that he is, however, anticipating the arrivals of Omar Daley, Fabian Dawkins, Ricardo Fuller and possibly Garfield Reid this week.

In front of an expected large turnout, the players went through their paces with no hiccups under the guidance of national fitness trainer Sean Samuels yesterday.

The two-hour drill was not that intense for the first day, but Samuels could be turning up the trottle in the coming days.

Brown, in the meantime, noted that not having the nation's best players at his disposal is a setback, but he'll be focusing on getting the players match ready where they can give a good account of themselves.

"These are the ones we have available and we'll work with them," said Brown. "I don't believe we'll see a whole lapse in terms of game plan. What we'll see is probably a little less ability... and technical ability in particular from this group than the one we had expected," he said.

"So we'll do some work over the next couple of days to see how much we can improve that before next week Monday," he added.

Meanwhile, last season's leading goalscorer in the local premiership, Kevin Lamey, is hoping to make a strong statement once he gets the chance.

"It feels good to be back in the team, because... that's what I have been working for all season, so that I can be selected by the selectors," said the 30-year-old striker from Waterhouse.

"To answer the critics I'll have to get the chance to play international games and by scoring goals, because I believe I can contribute at any level... and scoring goals is what I do best."

Lamey's club-mate Demar Phillips likewise yearns to leave his mark on the Complexe sportif Claude-Robillard in Montreal on Monday.

"It's a great opportunity again. It's a good while I haven't got a call to the national team," said the dimunitive attacking midfielder.

"I have to approach this game seriously because you don't know who's out there watching you, so everytime I go out on the pitch I just have to give my best," he said.

Most importantly for Brown, who is in his fifth stint as senior head coach, will be the approach by his charges in the first match of the two-way series.

"A good result is not necessarily that we get out there and beat Canada. I want to look at the sort of attitude that we see in the approach to the game, and that will do me well in assessing where we go forward from here," he explained.

Probable squad: Shawn Sawyers, Richard McCallum, Demar Phillips, Damion Stewart, Desmond Breakenridge, Fabian Davis, Lovel Palmer, Jermaine Taylor, Xavian Virgo, Oneil Thompson, Fabian Dawkins, Teafore Bennett, Ricardo Fuller, Kevin Lamey, Omar Daley, Jason Morrison, Khari Stephenson, Tyrone Sawyers, Shane Crawford.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Will anyone be able to make a copy of this game on a DVD and mail it to me? I have a copy of the Austria-Canada (from Austrian TV) in exchange. I think my computer can burn DVD's...

I was going to make a DVD of the game, so its no problem. I wouldn't mind a DVD copy of the Austria game. Send me a PM so we can trade addresses.

Brown says he knows very little about the Canadians, but he believes they will be as inexperienced a unit as the fledgling Reggae Boyz.

"We do not know a lot really, but I saw the Canadian team about five months ago in Florida. They had a camp there, but there was not a whole lot, I must say.

"We're trying to get some information as the Canadians are rebuilding too and from all indications they will not get most of their players playing in Europe either, so we expect to be using home-grown players as well," said the former national captain.

Shocking quote. Absolutely amazing. That Florida camp was the one that had guys like Leduc, Ribiero, Schleer, Stewart and Sulentic and youngsters like Gyaki, Haineault, Peetoom and Wagenaar. And they haven’t even looked to see who we’re bringing? Because clearly what we’re bringing is a step up in class, no disrespect intended to the young guys trying to show their worth in Florida.

That’s from today’s observer . . . more withdrawls from Jamaica, Crawford is out, Ricardo Fuller is out, captain and keeper Donovan Ricketts is out, Shavar Thomas, Jermaine Johnson . . . on and on. They’re running out of players I’ve heard of.

Jamal Ryce-Campbell is called in and he might be the best player they have now, but he hasn’t even arrived in Jamaica yet, so who knows how much time he’ll see. It sounds like they’re going to start 11 of the group that has been in Jamaica training this week. Which means mostly local guys.

I know we haven’t played in awhile and I know Jamaica is a tough team no matter who they bring (they drew the US 1-1 with a pretty inexperienced side recently), but there’s no excuse for not winning this match IMO.

cheers,

matthew

Wow. If Brown thinks that the squad he saw out there in the Florida camp is what he will see in Montreal, he's in for a real shock.

Rather imcompetant of him, I must say, to not even be aware of the team we are bringing. If this is the guy rebuilding Jamaica's squad, then honestly I don't think they'll be much of a threat come WCQ time.

Pretty bad, he's an interim coach.

Here's to a local (as in Montreal) guy getting picked up by the Jamaican squad before the game ;).

I was in Ljubljana, Slovenia and was told of an Aussie picked up at a hostel to fill out the Czech team for an ODI cricket match vs Slovenia. Quite a weekend for him.

Stalteri returns

By BILL BEACON

MONTREAL (CP) - Paul Stalteri isn't going to worry about competition for his job back in England, while he's on home soil helping Canada's national soccer team.

With 50 caps, the veteran right back is the most experienced international player on a Canadian squad that will face Jamaica in a friendly Monday at the Claude Robillard Stadium (4 p.m. ET).

Meanwhile, his English club Tottenham Hotspur acquired right back Pascal Chimbonda from Wigan Athletic at the transfer deadline this week for a reported six million pounds ($12.6 million Cdn). He's the latest in a small wave of French players to join Spurs under new sporting director Damien Comolli of France.

Chimbonda was one of the surprise players of last season, when he was named to the Premiership team of the year by his fellow pros.

"I knew going into the season that with only one back there, they'd pick up another one," said the 28-year-old Stalteri. "You can't play the season with only one."

"So yes, it's competition. but on any big club there's at least two guys to every position and that's what it will be there. Playing in Bremen (Germany) most of my career, it was the exact same thing - two or three guys in each position. I'm used to it."

Tottenham also picked up French midfielder Steed Malbranque from Fulham this week. And they added left back Benoit Assou Ekotto and central defender Dorian Dervitte, both of France.

But then, a little flavour from a country that reached the World Cup final this summer should only boost the north London club.

"That's what the trend seems to be," Stalteri added with a smile. "It might have something to do with the sporting director being from France."

He said it will be up to Dutch head coach Martin Jol how much he plays.

Stalteri joined Tottenham last season after eight years with Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga. He had one goal in 33 league matches and another in FA Cup play.

The Brampton, Ont., fullback missed Spurs' first two league matches this season with an ankle injury suffered a week into training camp in July, so the match against Jamaica will be his first in several weeks.

"I'm looking forward to Monday and playing a good game against a CONCACAF opponent," he said. "It'll be my first match in a while and hopefully it will be a good one."

Jamaica is ranked 74th in the world, to No. 82 for Canada.

Canada's interim head coach and national U-17 coach Stephen Hart has yet to name his starting 11. He won't have all 18 players together until practice on Saturday.

Three players from the Montreal Impact - goalkeeper Greg Sutton and defenders Adam Braz and Gabriel Gervais - were absent Friday after playing Thursday night in Portland, Ore.

Hart wants to test as many players as possible in this match and a return match at Kingston, Jamaica on Oct. 8. Canada will also play a friendly in November in Europe, but the opponent has yet to be announced.

It is likely that veterans like Stalteri, defender Kevin McKenna of the German club Cottbus and Fulham striker Tomasz Radzinski will play Monday - Canada's first game in Montreal since a 3-0 loss to Turkey in 1995.

"I thought it was important for people in Canada to see these players that are on TV," said Hart. "We don't play a lot in Canada and this is the first game in the east for many years."

Also on the squad are former Impact players Patrice Bernier, Sandro Grande and Olivier Occean, all Montreal natives now playing in Scandinavia.

In the past, Canada's international games in Montreal have drawn more local immigrants from the visiting country than Canadian supporters. In one case, the "home" crowd booed the Canadian anthem.

"Any time you play in Canada, in certain areas, you're going to get that," added Hart. "It's something the players are accustomed to."

"Really, the only place it probably wouldn't happen is if we played in Newfoundland."

About 5,000 fans are expected to attend, less than half of what the Impact draws, but Labour Day weekend is busy with amateur soccer tournaments around Quebec.

Hart has watched film of the Jamaicans, known as the Reggae Boyz, but said they also have a new coach and may no longer play the same style.

"We're going in more concerned about what we do than what they do," he said.

Jamaica will train Saturday in Montreal, when Ziggy Marley, son of Jamaican reggae legend Bob Marley, will participate in a short scrimmage with the Canadian squad.

Wow, only 5k?

High ticket prices and no local marketing are probably at fault. I'm still hoping we'll get a bit more.

As for this quote: "In the past, Canada's international games in Montreal have drawn more local immigrants from the visiting country than Canadian supporters. In one case, the "home" crowd booed the Canadian anthem." This is true of many cities where opposing fans come out in force, especially in cases like this, where the game is low-profile and the opponent's local community know all about it. However, Montreal has been host to, what? 1 Canadian game since the 1976 Olympics? Look it up.

"Really, the only place it probably wouldn't happen is if we played in Newfoundland."

YEAH!!!

KING GEORGE THE FIFTH!

KING GEORGE THE FIFTH!

KING GEORGE THE FIFTH!

It's been brought up before but I'll bring it up a-gin, Labour day is a tough sell in any market. Winnipeg included so I can only imagine what Montreal is like. Should have seen the traffic today. Started about 2 o'clock in the after' and carried right on past six. Over and above the usual Friday rush.

Last weekend before school goes back. Last long weekend before winter sets in for the cottage goers. And you can not discount the thousands who make the annual Labour Day trip to Taylor Field. The CFL Labour Day classics. The only NA equivelant of the travelling supporters found in Europes football culture. Grand stuff.

Doesn't sound like much, but it all adds up. A little here and a little there and before you know it you've lost a measurable percentage of that precious sports-entertainment ticket buying public.

Re; Brown's comments.

WTF? Oh. My bhoy, you're world is about to turn to ****.

Ziggy goes on intelligence mission

By ARPON BASU

Ziggy Marley scrimmages with members of the Canadian Soccer team in Montreal on Saturday. (CP/Peter McCabe)

MONTREAL (CP) - Ziggy Marley was in Montreal on Saturday to perform a concert but he spent the afternoon handling some other business.

The reggae star joined the Canadian soccer team on the pitch at the Claude Robillard Centre as it continued preparations to face Jamaica in an international friendly Monday.

The dreadlocked Jamaican kicked the ball around with a some of Canada's best and said he was taking mental notes to pass on to the Reggae Boyz.

"I'm a spy, this is intelligence," he joked afterwards. "The Jamaican team is supposed to come to my show, so I'll tell them what I saw.

"But they didn't let me see much, you noticed that? They finished everything before I came."

Just too keep an eye on things Canada's Patrice Bernier and Olivier Occean got their names on the guest list for the show, though they vowed not to get too caught up in the festivities.

"There's no curfew," Bernier said, "we just have to keep it reasonable."

Not that interim Canadian coach Stephen Hart was too concerned about Marley's intelligence-gathering skills.

"I'm not even sure he knows when the game is," he quipped.

Hart was obviously more concerned with taking advantage of his first practice with a full complement of players.

Three members of the United Soccer League's Montreal Impact - goaltender Greg Sutton plus defenders Gabriel Gervais and Adam Braz - joined the squad after returning from Thursday night's 1-0 win over the Portland Timbers in Oregon.

"It's our first day together and some of the boys are tired," Hart said. "But it was nice to finally have everybody here."

Hart put the Canadians through a brisk, 90-minute practice, capped by a high-energy, three-quarter field scrimmage, and he feels he saw enough to be able to announce his starting lineup Sunday.

Sutton, Gervais and Braz are the only members of the team who don't play professionally in Europe and some may assume that puts them at a disadvantage when competing against pros from the English, German and Spanish leagues. But Hart says that's not necessarily the case.

"If you look at Europe, it's the beginning of the season, the pre-season just ended, whereas the other guys have been playing on a more consistent basis," Hart said. "So they'll be a little further ahead than the others."

One of the top Canadian talents playing in Europe right now, 23 year-old midfielder Atiba Hutchinson of FC Copenhagen, won't suit up for Canada while he nurses a hamstring injury.

Hart figures his absence gives other players a chance to shine.

"If you have an Atiba, you might have the team shaped differently," he said. "But without him, you just need to get on with what you need to do."

The Canadians still have their share of European players, led by Calgary's Kevin McKenna of German club Energie Cottbus, whose nine international goals in 33 caps is the most on the Canadian squad.

But there are several players coming over from Europe with fewer than 20 caps to their credit who will be looking to play a bigger role including Julian de Guzman, a midfielder with Spanish club Deportivo La Coruna and the first Canadian ever to play in La Liga.

"For me it's still a dream to even think about it," said de Guzman, who is beginning his second season with the club. "Last season I got a chance to play against Barcelona and twice against Real Madrid. It was a dream come true, and I hope to live that dream again this season."

The Toronto native feels he is an example of the growth of Canadian men's soccer and that the red and white are well positioned to qualify for the next World Cup in 2010, despite all the doubters at home.

"We are equipped definitely to qualify for the World Cup," he said. "What we have now is one of the better generations going into the next World Cup. So I hope we can get our act together with every game we have and hopefully in the future people will have different opinions and impressions of us."

I must say that Ziggy Marley appearance was the weirdest promotional

event I've seen. The press (except one or two) weren't there for the

MNT; they were there for the dreadlocked celebrity.

In fact there were almost more SECURITY people for Ziggy than there were reporters.;)

Anyways the practice was good and brisk; a few goals by Radz, Diesel,

and Friend caught our attention. Sutton was sharp, McKenna, Hume, JdG,

Brennan, et.al., seemed to be relaxed but in fine form.

Short practice that ended about 20 minutes earlier, awaiting Ziggy

(the spy)'s arrival. Whatever.

Guest irishwhisper

Good luck against Jamaica, hope yas beat them. Yous have better players anyway so theres no reason why yas cant. I predict a 2-1 win for Canada.

Gear hiccup as Boyz land for Canada clash

BROWN... was hoping to conduct training session yesterday

Montreal, Canada - Interim head coach Carl Brown had a few more hiccups when he and the Reggae Boyz arrived here in Montreal yesterday, with the discovery that the team's training gear was missing.

Jamaica are down to play an international friendly against the Canadian national soccer team tomorrow at 4:00 pm (3:00 pm local time).

The absence of the gear was a setback for Brown, who was hoping to conduct his first training session last evening in order to finalise his squad of mostly home-based players.

The mishap is of great concern to the interim coach, but Brown found a way to work around the problem, though admitting it had affected his evening's plans.

'I was definitely looking towards getting their legs warmed up for about half-an-hour. But there is a gym and a pool here (at the hotel), so we will be utilising it,' Brown told the Sunday Observer last night.

After having their meals, Brown instructed his charges to get some work done in the gym.

After the team cleared customs and immigration, a set of training gear, as well as practice balls, were noticeably missing. Checks made by team manager Howard Bell revealed that the equipment got misplaced.

Late last night Bell informed the Sunday Observer that one of the bags had been found.

The unfortunate ordeal apart, it would have been a race against time for the first training session anyway, as both flights - first from Kingston and then from Toronto - were delayed.

The Boyz's first training session is scheduled for this afternoon at the match venue, which is estimated at 20 minutes from the Delta Centre-Ville Hotel where both teams are staying.

Having lost precious time in getting the players sharp and ready for the first of the two-game challenge, Brown will be trying to get in as much work as possible today.

Overall, the team spirit seems to be good and with Omar Daley - who arrived last night - and Fabian Dawkins, who is expected to join the squad today, things are looking up after a total of six hours flight yesterday.

Jamaica will field an 11 which is far from its best, as several of the country's overseas-based players were unavailable due to club commitments at the weekend.

Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) president Crenston Boxhill is head of delegation, and the official party is completed by Brown, Bell and team doctor Charles Roberts.

Squad: Shawn Sawyers, Richard McCallum, Demar Phillips, Damion Stewart, Desmond Breakenridge, Fabian Davis, Lovel Palmer, Jermaine Taylor, Xavian Virgo, Oneil Thompson, Fabian Dawkins, Teafore Bennett, Kevin Lamey, Omar Daley, Jason Morrison, Khari Stephenson, Tyrone Sawyers, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Garfield Reid.

by Andrew Hancel - Observer Reporter in Montreal, Canada

Copyright© 2000-2001 Jamaica Observer

RDS.ca

"An unknown team in Quebec"

Main points:

- Last game was a long time ago, 1995.

- Gervais: we usually play out West and don't get the support we deserve

- We need to play more home games, says Braz

- The Impact had a huge role in making pro soccer popular in Quebec, the CSA, so little! If the game isn't a success at the gates, there is no one to blame but the CSA, the Montreal fans don't know it's happening.

- Gervais: The fans know the Impact players, but not the Canadian players, some of whom play at a very high level. The fans need to discover them and we should showcase the teams in Quebec more often.

- The attendance will be lower than for Impact games, good tickets will be available on gameday.

[Daniel] It's also pretty disheartening to see that there was no collaboration with the Impact, who did not announce the game at any of their home games. Rumours called for 5k yesterday, while one CSA official said "we'll do alright".[/Daniel]

Une sélection méconnue au Québec

http://www.rds.ca/soccer/chroniques/212167.html

Dimanche 03 septembre 2006 - (RDS) - L'équipe nationale masculine de soccer affrontera la Jamaïque lundi, à 16h00, au complexe sportif Claude-Robillard. Ce sera la première fois depuis longtemps que l'on verra le Canada disputer un match à Montréal.

La dernière fois qu'on a vu l'équipe nationale masculine au Québec, c'était il y a 11 ans. Un match contre la Turquie, le 7 juin 1995. Pour les partisans, comme pour les joueurs québécois dans l'équipe, disons que l'attente a été plutôt longue.

"Plusieurs matchs sont dans l'Ouest, à Edmonton ou à Vancouver, constate Gabriel Gervais. Malheureusement, on n'a pas l'appui qu'on devrait avoir."

"On ne joue pas beaucoup de matchs à domicile, alors je pense que c'est de plus en plus important de jouer à domicile, soutient Adam Braz. Si on peut jouer à Montréal de plus en plus, c'est un bonus pour les gars de Montréal."

L'Impact de Montréal a fait beaucoup pour contribuer à la croissance de la popularité du soccer chez nous. L'association canadienne, elle, bien peu! Si le match contre la Jamaïque n'est pas un succès aux guichets, elle n'aura qu'elle à blâmer. Le public montréalais n'a jamais été éduqué.

"Je pense que c'est quelque chose d'inconnu, croit Gervais. Ils ne connaissent pas les joueurs. Avec l'Impact, on est devenu un peu plus populaire et les partisans s'identifiaient aux joueurs et je pense que c'est ce qu'on doit amener avec l'équipe nationale. Il y a plusieurs bons joueurs qui jouent en première division en Allemagne, en Angleterre ou en Hollande, donc il y a beaucoup de talent. C'est maintenant aux gens de les découvrir. Et c'est certain qu'on devrait exposer les joueurs plus souvent aux Québécois."

L'équipe nationale est sur une bonne lancée, n'ayant pas subi la défaite à ses trois derniers matchs, avec deux victoires et un match nul. Le Canada est 82e au plus récent classement de la FIFA, la Jamaïque 74e.

"On aime ça ouvrir le jeu, analyse Braz. J'espère qu'on va jouer de la même façon, mais on va voir. Je sais que les joueurs de la Jamaïque sont très rapides et qu'ils sont très physiques. Ça devrait donner un bon spectacle."

La foule pour ce match Canada/Jamaïque devrait être plus petite que lors des matchs de l'Impact. Il restera encore de bons billets disponibles à la porte lundi.

Very poor form on the Impact's part not to promote the game. There is also nothing on their website. I for one am quite disappointed in the Impact in this regard.

The only thing I have seen about the game on local media was a short report on yesterday's training session on the local CTV sports show. Unfortunately Bob Marley got as much coverage as the team and the most stupid thing was they emphasized that 3 Impact players were playing but no mention that there were also players for Tottenham, Fulham, Deportivo La Coruna and Energie Cottbus. I doubt the fact 3 Impact players are playing is going to interest very many local soccer fans but I am sure many would be interested to see some Premiership, Bundesliga and La Liga players.

Guest irishwhisper
quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Very poor form on the Impact's part not to promote the game. There is also nothing on their website. I for one am quite disappointed in the Impact in this regard.

The only thing I have seen about the game on local media was a short report on yesterday's training session on the local CTV sports show. Unfortunately Bob Marley got as much coverage as the team and the most stupid thing was they emphasized that 3 Impact players were playing but no mention that there were also players for Tottenham, Fulham, Deportivo La Coruna and Energie Cottbus. I doubt the fact 3 Impact players are playing is going to interest very many local soccer fans but I am sure many would be interested to see some Premiership, Bundesliga and La Liga players.

What ya want is fans that will go to matches no matter what,not fans that will go just to see big name players. You need loyal fans and fans that go just cos its a massive match or cos theres some big name players playing are bandwagon fans!!! What ya want is a hardcore support!!! Feck the bandwagoners!!!

Archived