Canada v Jamaica [R]

matthew

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Can. in UK
quote:Originally posted by jonovision

That is a pretty frightening back-line. I don't think I'd want to see that group together in an important match.

My thoughts exactly.

Good first half by Canada.

Canada dominated most of the half with Jamaica having a 5 min spell where they were dangerous.

I like the work by Simpson, he's doing a good job in his new role. Stalteri look to be the player having the most difficulty on the field (might be because it's not his usual position).

Radzinski took a yellow for the team after the little incident following the challenge on Friend (I don't think the tackle was malicious but it warranted a yellow on the jamaican player).

Sutton didn't have a lot to do apart for an easy shot and a few crosses (nice to see and hearing him commanding the box on the last jamaican corner).

Good goal by Friend but it was a GK mistake (but that's the kind of mistake that central american and caribbean keepers tend to make....).

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

I think that Jamaica goal called offside was actually good.

Agreed. Silly of Sportsnet to only show the replay once (considering the long stoppage) and Gerry/Craig voiced no opinion, but in the one quick replay it appeared the player was onside by quite a bit.

Archived