Jason Bent

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by 7

--- CHANGE ---

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the piece on Jason will not be airing tomorrow. It has been postponed and will possibly be aired on March 18th.

Think you should change your location now, "7"?

In any case, please give our regards to him, we'd love to see him find his way back in to the pro game.

Yes thepatriot post was deleted and he was explaining what has been going on with Jason Bent since November 2003 (legal stuff, nothing criminal BTW).

The post was also deleted in the other thread concerning Jason Bent.

What's going on?

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Have you forgotten who "7" is, Ed?

Sorry Jeffrey, I should have been more explicit. I was commenting on the deletion of the post that loyola was responding to. If the patriot deleted his own, then I withdraw my remark your honour.

"7". Hope all is well. In my opinion (and I am watching a bit more EPL these days largely to see him in action), Paul has been an integral part of the big turnaround for Spurs.

Heartbreak for his old pals from Bremen earlier this week. Painful to watch the young keeper make such a gaffe after so many highlight reel saves earlier in the game.

I didn't even realize that I was still listed in Bremen, it's been so long since I came on the forum. Izabella is keeping me much busier now!!!

That loss for Bremen was a real disappointment. It was the first Bremen game that I have watched since we left. I was hoping they would get a London team in the next round, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. We felt awful for the friends we still have there.

I'm off to get ready to watch the game. Sorry SeanKeay I only passed along message A....Paul has already had his share of media attention with giving people the finger....[}:)]

Guest Jeffery S.

Anyone know any more about the CSA not covering the insurance for an injury sustained with the national team? I am not sure that has to be a definitive reason to stop playing, unless the injury really is career ending.

Bent did have occasional muscle problems that kept him off the field for long periods.

Based on previous CSA policy, CSA gets each player to sign this document stating that they are not responsible for any injuries within a national team camp or game.....

Which explains why a lot of players abroad to reluctantly participate in an international game especially friendlies.

Guess which player didnt sign resulting in a lawsuit?

We all criticize players who do not participate in our MNT including me but what we don't understand are situations such as this in which a player risks his soccer career and CSA does not want to be held responsible for any injuries that may occur.

Think about it, would you risk your successful soccer career and then sign a legal document stating that the camp/game you are about to participate are not responsible for any injuries that you may incur? Are you gonna bust your ass on the field knowingly if you get injured, you're on your own. Personally speaking, this explains why I see a lot of our players abroad playing only 50% of their capabilities while our NA players are putting 120% effort. Call me unpatriot and selfish but if I were a successful player abroad, I would continue with my successful soccer career abroad and risk my international career instead.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Anyone know any more about the CSA not covering the insurance for an injury sustained with the national team? I am not sure that has to be a definitive reason to stop playing, unless the injury really is career ending.

Bent did have occasional muscle problems that kept him off the field for long periods.

Sort of spinning off topic here but this is interesting. Couple of questions.

1). If this is true, these injury waivers, is this normal practice I wonder? Is this par for the course in international footie? Maybe a FIFA directive?

2). Is it worth a damn? I can sign all the waivers I want but none of them are worth the toilet paper they're printed on if they don't comply with the labour code in Manitoba. On the job injury is still on the job injury irregardless of whether you're a direct employee or sub-contracted.

3). Assuming Bent's case is more or less as reported here, I take it Jason would have had to have been between employers when this injury was substained otherwise his club would have been on the hook. If he was with club, I'd assume his issue would be with the coverage his club has or hasn't provided as a result of his NT injury, not the CSA waiver policy.

4). Be surprised if anyone has an answer but if Bent didn't sign the waiver why did the CSA let him play?

Guest Jeffery S.

I think there is a legal debate ongoing at FIFA. It comes up regularly, for example we saw Van Bommel being injured at a Holland camp and him losing almost two months at Barça, ironically hurting his chances to get a strong spot on the Dutch team for the World Cup.

Major clubs want to be paid by national teams, but of course you are going to have to wonder how Benin or Guatemala are going to pay for players at the same rate that England or Germany would, even if they did have a player in a top club. It would not be fair to the weaker FIFA nations, unless the compensation was so low that it was insignificant for the big clubs.

I think, though, that there is usually some insurance in there, but am not sure what the standard liability is considering that all official matches are FIFA sanctioned and obey FIFA rules. Including official friendlies.

Bent was injured in a Canada camp once and that lead to him losing quite a few months at Plymouth, the beginning of the end I seem to recall. Rupert could fill us in on the details, but the threads are back there, think this was fall 03. I recall he played vs. Scotland for us, not sure if any others after that.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

He was injured for the Scotland match which was held the previous year. My memory on this one is pretty good because I was able to attend that Scotland match back in 02. :)

And all I want to know is - did we ever get that photo from Rupert??

Archived