Ipswich, Coventry interested in Hume

Read in today's Observer that both Ipswich and Coventry are chasing Hume as a transfer target. Either of these sides would be an improvement over Tranmere and Coventry may be the better option unless Bent or Kuqi moved on from Ipswich during the off season (although it would be kinda cool to have 3 Canadians at Ipswich and I certainly like the fact they are a passing side which I believe Hume needs right now in his career)

Guest Can. in UK

I think there's a pretty good chance Bent will move to Charlton.

As for Kuqi, won't he miss the beginning of the season? Doesn't he have to do military service in Finland?

Having Peters & Hume playing together would be great news for the future of the MNT.

In this day and age where team chemistry for our mens national team is so hard to get because of the distances between them and the difficulties in bringing them all together at once to practice and play ,, I think it would be great if Hume , Peters, and Devos (if he decides to play for Canada again) all played on the same team,,, especially Hume and Peters as they both seem to be two key guys in the future of our Nats team.. I would love to see Hume end up in Ipswich with the others..

I'd rather see Hume at Ispwich for the same reasons as most of you stated above. It'd be nice to have three Canucks on the same team and a pretty strong playing level. I think next season Ispwich have a good shot at winning the Coca-Cola Championship and that'd be the best passage into the Premiership for Hume and Peters especially.

Prefer to have Hume at Ipswich over Coventry, for the reasons mentioned above, and also for the reason that Ipswich may have a bright future in the next few years. Why? Chiefly because Ipswich's youth team won the youth team championship of England, without the services of Peters I might add. Not that all of the youth team players will become first-teamers, but it certainly points to a bright future if even three can become important cogs for Ipwsich.

But having Hume playing in the championship would go some ways to aiding his development. Playing for a so-close-to-promotion Ipswich side would satisfy that requirement.

I would like to see Hume with a side where he is guaranteed playing time and this will not be the case if Bent and Kuqi stay around. If one leaves, Ipswich is a good move for him as a replacement.

Otherwise, Coventry is not a bad option. They were in the premiership for a long time until relegated a few years ago. They move into a new stadium next year and it looks like they have some money now to rebuild their side. They probably will be in the mix for promotion next year as well.

Hey whats wrong with tranmere? Im a seaon ticket holder and can reliably inform you that hume is maybe just good enough for the championship let alone the prem. He is good, but he is only young and maybe shud give us a chane before he takes off as we nutured him into the player he is today.

quote:Originally posted by trfcrob445

Hey whats wrong with tranmere? Im a seaon ticket holder and can reliably inform you that hume is maybe just good enough for the championship let alone the prem. He is good, but he is only young and maybe shud give us a chane before he takes off as we nutured him into the player he is today.

Don't you think he has given Tranmere a chance?

He's been there since he was 16, and he seems to have outgrown the club. He's 22 this year and will not be able to play the "young phenom card" for much longer.

quote:Originally posted by An Observer

I would like to see Hume with a side where he is guaranteed playing time and this will not be the case if Bent and Kuqi stay around. If one leaves, Ipswich is a good move for him as a replacement.

Word today is that Bent's looking to leave and I've been hearing rumours about other teams looking at Kuqi, so a move ot Ipswich would be very good for Hume.

Guest Jeffery S.

Hume made it a bit hard on himself by signing a new contract with Tranmere at Xmas, as now he forces any new club to pay a transfer fee. That not only eliminates certain takers, makes Tranmere's case to keep him stronger, but it means he can expect a less generous salary offer, as normally if you hold out and are out of contract the new club shows its appreciation with better conditions.

I wonder if he had some sort of clause allowing for a move if they failed to promote, along with a bonus if they did.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

Any guesses on how much he is worth?

Would have to be something like 200,000 pounds, judging on the level he plays. Now will someone tell me that is way too high or way too low, and why?

Archived