Next big Canadian Signing 2005?

Mr.Impact

Here are my picks for the next major Canadian signings in Europe; and the reasons why

1)Ian hume has premiership written all over him

2)Attiba the "Hut" had soem rumblings in 2004

3)Greg Sutton "Nat" playing time will give him more exposure

4)Tam Nsaliwa too much talent for German obscurity

5)Julian Ucello Milan has to take notice

6)Rocco Placentino has Seria "B" written all over him

7)Ali Ngon/Gerba all he needs is a chance, i/e trial

8)Olivier Ocean perfect for the French first devision

9)Rob Friend move the English division one maybe with my club Bradford City Bantams

10)Patrice Bernier, the dude is Eddie Murphy "RAW" La liga per favor E une mas Serveza Corona

PS For my frienf Luis Rancagua.....whats the guy from winnipeg thats playing in Brasil..............um..........yeah.........you know of whom I"m talking about?

quote:1)Ian hume has premiership written all over him

What are you basing this on? When was the last time you saw him play?

quote:2)Attiba the "Hut" had soem rumblings in 2004

Yes, but it's 2005 now. I've heard the rumours too, but they are to Russia. Hardly a big move for him.

quote:3)Greg Sutton "Nat" playing time will give him more exposure

Possibly, but he's committed to playing 05 with the Impact.

quote:4)Tam Nsaliwa too much talent for German obscurity

This is arguable. After all, Mr. Yallop hasn't exactly said this much.

quote:5)Julian Ucello Milan has to take notice

Take notice of what exactly?

quote:6)Rocco Placentino has Seria "B" written all over him

Again, what are you basing this on?

quote:7)Ali Ngon/Gerba all he needs is a chance, i/e trial

That seems to be the story of Canadian soccer players lives...

quote:8)Olivier Ocean perfect for the French first devision

Seems to me, he's doing quite well where he is at the moment.

quote:9)Rob Friend move the English division one maybe with my club Bradford City Bantams

That'd be nice...

quote:10)Patrice Bernier, the dude is Eddie Murphy "RAW" La liga per favor E une mas Serveza Corona

I highly doubt this move.

All in all, this is just speculation based on what? The fact you haven't seen any of these guys play since when? Some in the NI game? Right, those were great conditions.

You know what, Canadian soccer isn't at that level. We need players to grow through clubs, like Edgar, Gyaki, etc, in order to make a name for themsleves, not just spitting out pipe dreams of sending players to leagues all over the world.

Lads... if this is going to be personal take it outside.

Luis... apology or no please limit your responses. Your response is out of line and in direct violation of the forum rules in regards to harasment and threats - not to mention common sense.

Consider this a warning before you get yourself distinguished off this forum.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Here are my picks for the next major Canadian signings in Europe; and the reasons why

9)Rob Friend move the English division one maybe with my club Bradford City Bantams

10)Patrice Bernier, the dude is Eddie Murphy "RAW" La liga per favor E une mas Serveza Corona

Hume's next big step will be getting the team a division up. Which for now would be his threshold unless he really advances in the next few years. The Championship with Tranmere.

ATiba, sorry, don't see it.

Sutton is a possibility, I agree, especially if he has another good year and gets national team exposure. Wonder who his agent is.

I have no opinion about 4, 5, 6, 7.

I agree that Occean, who just a year ago was getting ready for the Manga Cup and fresh out of NCAA, is a big surprise. He'll need to develop his play over this year, but if he keeps scoring it is likely he'll transfer to a stronger club soon.

Friend also, at Molde, has made a step he is a bit lucky to get, as I am not sure his level is really that high. But once again, being in Norway top flight will improve his play, if he can score 10 this year (remember the Norway season is shorter, less teams) he may get a bite next winter.

Bernier has just gone up to Tromso, but this year it is unlikely the club does so well in the league. They will play Uefa though next year, won't they? A year to consolidate, if the team is solid in the Norway top division I suspect this is where he'll remain for a while.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

PS For my frienf Luis Rancagua.....whats the guy from winnipeg thats playing in Brasil..............um..........yeah.........you know of whom I"m talking about?

Hume (agree with Jeffrey ) should move up to the Championship this year either with Tranmere or with another team.

Atiba probably needs another year of seasoning in Sweden before making a significant step.

Don't know about Sutton. Only hope he gets lots of game experience.

Nsaliwa should move up this year. His contract expires at Saarbreucken and is a free agent. I see him moving to a lower level Bundesliga side or a promoted side like de Guzman did when he went to Hanover.

Ucello needs to focus simply on developing. The rest will follow.

Don't know Placentino or Ngon.

Occean probably has one more year in Norway to show he continues to develop.

Friend and Bernier need more seasoning with their respective teams.

Damn, I clearly did not know the history of Mr Impact and wonder if that is what led RJB to go in "spikes up." Nasty challenge that, but if there is a context...

All this to say, I think Canuck Oranje pretty well sums up my sense of where these players are headed. I don't think many of our guys are ready to make big moves this year, but if Hutch shows well this year, as well as Occean, I don't doubt they'll move to bigger things in a year or two. Bernier, too, will benefit from another year playing where he's at, as will Kluka, Friend, Simpson and Serioux.

Hume could crack the premiership some day, but let him develop in the Championship first. Good news is that he is still young enough to learn tonnes--if he does, then he could become a useful player in the EPL. Nsaliwa seems to be the only one really poised for a move, but we've seen virtually nothing of him for a long time, so this is considerable conjecture on our part. 1st Bundesliga would be great, though.

Perhaps Jeffrey or a few of the others could answer this, but how many of the players who our last U20 team competed against in the UAE are now plying their trade with big clubs? And of those, how many are getting regular time? For instance, how many players from the Spanish team that we met in the Q-finals are playing with clubs in big leagues? (This is not rhetorical; I am only curious. I'd like to get a sense of where Hutch and Hume are relative to players from other countries. A dose of realism goes a long way to creating healthy expectations.)

Posted - 02/17/2005 : 21:41:42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are you basing this on? When was the last time you saw him play?

Im basing it on his pace, his skill and from what I read he's constantly one of the better players on his team. Given is age, he's a mighty attractive package despite the mohawk incident !!! I saw him play in this little world caliber tournament where he turned a couple of heads and it wasnt because of the mohawk...did you miss that, cause they dont play the tournament every year--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, but it's 2005 now. I've heard the rumours too, but they are to Russia. Hardly a big move for him.

Yeah it is 2005 now, and 2004 was a short 2 months ago and Russia would be a better move for him cause its a step up from the small swedish club he's with now. And if my memory is correct The russians were not the only one's who inquired after he was named on the all star team of that tournament. Not too shabby for a Canadian boy Eh?

quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly, but he's committed to playing 05 with the Impact.

Yes he has committed to play for the Impact, and the season ends in Early October 2005, which is just about the time the European leagues start getting intense. Another good season for Greg combined with the fact that he'a already been across the pond, would not make it impossible for him to transfer in 2005 ( a year has 12 months)

quote:

This is arguable. After all, Mr. Yallop hasn't exactly said this much.

Given Franks current policy of getting a look at as many players as possible, it wouldn't surprise me that he eventually gets a call up and impresses. This guy man handled Demarcus Beasly (sp?) in the last Gold Cup, and Was a Holger favorite. Correct me if Im wrong but I think Holger still has a little clout when it comes to German Football. (2+2=4)quote:

Take notice of what exactly?

I don't know maybe they can notice of the fact that the kid SCORES Goals, and I think that might get him some attention as opposed to maybe other players they've loaned to lower division sides that haven't made the adjustment that he has.

quote:

Again, what are you basing this on?

Im basing this on what I read on the Internet, and the fact that Ive been aware of this kid for a long time. Aftr his first stint in Italy he played for the impact for a year, got his confidence back and went over to europe and despite the odds got a place on a team there. Ok so im biased but I like the kid

quote:

That seems to be the story of Canadian soccer players lives...

Yeah it is, but not every Canadian soccer player has scored as many goals as he has, despite the fact that he does it in the A-League. Hes matured, changed his life style (for the better) and is as fit as a hoarse. All he needs is the assistance of one Barry Maclean (show me the Money Barry!!!quote:

Seems to me, he's doing quite well where he is at the moment.

Yeah he's doing great and if we follow your logic he should sit on his hands and freeze his arse off in Scandanavia. He's already drawn interest from bigger clubs, and if the right offer came along it would be foolish for him not to sign. Your only has good as your last game. Run Ollie Run !!!

quote:

That'd be nice...

Yeah it would be nice ..... but seeing him in Ipswich or Millwall, with our other Canadians would not be shabby either

quote:

I highly doubt this move.

You have very good reason to doubt it, but then again where was Julian Deguzman 4 years ago?

All in all, this is just speculation based on what? The fact you haven't seen any of these guys play since when? Some in the NI game? Right, those were great conditions.

Its just that speculation.... based on having a little fun , and maybe discovering some things we didn't know about are players

You know what, Canadian soccer isn't at that level. We need players to grow through clubs, like Edgar, Gyaki, etc, in order to make a name for themsleves, not just spitting out pipe dreams of sending players to leagues all over the world.

Yeah thats right, we should just abandon every canadian player who hasn't had the chance to grow with a club, and stick with the minority that has ??? How about focusing on the fact that there are players who have gone over, and done very well and might pave the way for guys such as Edgar and Gyaki. Just remember if you go back even ten years ago, you could count the number of players playing abroad on

two hands, but thanks to the likes of Forrest, Yallop, Pesh, Corrazzin, Dasovic etc. Canadians are getting a shot to prove themselves.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Perhaps Jeffrey or a few of the others could answer this, but how many of the players who our last U20 team competed against in the UAE are now plying their trade with big clubs? And of those, how many are getting regular time? For instance, how many players from the Spanish team that we met in the Q-finals are playing with clubs in big leagues? (This is not rhetorical; I am only curious. I'd like to get a sense of where Hutch and Hume are relative to players from other countries. A dose of realism goes a long way to creating healthy expectations.)

This is a full revision after looking into the question of the Spain players in that quarter final.

The keeper was Riesgo, at REal Sociedad, often starting.

Defenders Pena (at Barça B), Carlos Garcia (moves between first and second team of Espanyol), Melli on first team of Betis, and Vitolo, I think still at Tenerife, 2nd division. Corominas subbed in for a defender, plays on the wing for Espanyol, has had good games with the first team.

Midfield Iniesta is at Barça and is player no. 12, subs on usually 2nd half for Giuly. Very effective when playing 25 minutes. Gavilan is also at Tenerife. Bouzon is at Celta Vigo, 2nd division, played with Dani Fernandes when both were on the 2nd team there. Gabi is an Atletico Madrid player on loan to Getafe, top flight. Striker Juanfran is at Real Madrid B, has played a bit with the first team

Sergio Garcia, the striker with hair like Hume's, is on loan from Barça to Levante where he starts more than half the time, maybe has 4 goals this year. Arizmendi, the sub who scored on our error in extra time, was at At. Madrid, now is at Racing Santander, think that is a loan agreement as well. These are the ones I am most clear about.

I personally think that on the day Di Tulio's marking of Iniesta was very good, except on the goal, which was a difficult mark for him. He could be playing a higher level. So could Hume, who is not worse than Sergio Garcia. I also feel that if Chin had gotten a decent preparation from a better coach at a higher level when he was 15 or so, he had the qualities to be an important player. he reminds me of types at Barça like Arteta (the one loaned to Everton by Real Sociedad, by the way, not Iniesta) But when I see him I see wasted or wrongly developed talent, and the fault is the weakness of coaching ball-handling in Canada.

Just tossing this out for the "need more seasoning" guys. The Scandinavian season runs over the summer and therefore, more seasoning and the chance to move to a improved club situation can both be accomplished this year. If Occean scores into double digts again and Atiba has a strong season, 2005 moves could still be in the offing.

Maybe not really a new signing but if Maycoll Canizales can establish himself in the Hannover reserves the second half of the season; he probably has a better chance than most mentioned on this thread of moving up especially as hannover seems to always lose a few players at the end of the year eg. De Guzman and with little money to spend to replace them, I would think that Canizales could be in the Bundesliga next year as they probably need to look to homegrown talent as replacements. Of course; he could also be released and playing for the Lynx in the summer.

In my most recent campaign of FM 2005, I took over Caen in the the French first league. My goal was to bring over some A-leaguers to help Yallop develop the national pool. I quickly reached my 4 import player limit, but was pleasantly surprised to find Ali Gerba could play as a domestic player with his Cameroon passport (which I had to add in the editor.) I immediately tried to get Occean and Brillant on their Haitian connection and to my dismay found they are considered foreigners. Could somebody in the real world explain to me why former African colonies are considered domestic, while Haiti is foreign? Also, if I was Ali Gerba's agent I'd have him trialing in France. Why isn't he?

Archived