ChampionsWorld Series (R)

Jarrek

being an mufc fan i was disappointed not to see miller,fletcher, or giggs. none of them played in euro 04. o'shea only played a bit part in the second half and took a terrible pk. however, the youngsters impressed me very much so. especially, and i cringe to say it, that american lad spector was fantastic. eagles needs weight and he could do something in the way fletcher has. djordjic has some quality, but will probably spend his career in the 1st division or a 2nd tier top league.

bayern was HUGELY disappointing. they should have won by 4 or 5 clear goals. ugly. magath must be upset.

ps-I HATE THAT ANNOUNCER CHINAGLIA! bretos is annoying enough with his exaggerated names, but at least his knowledge of players, clubs, and leagues is extensive and varied. chinaglia repeats the same comments OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and they are ALWAYS negative. i wrote Fox Sports World and told them CHinaglia is why I am not subscribing nor are my friends and family to their channel.

Yes the American audience at the stadium was sure bored and angry, especially about the lack of scoring. They did perk up at the penalty kicks tho, anything to avoid a sisterkisser.

I don't understand why they didn't put on Howard to get the fans excited, even if only for 15 minutes. They had unlimited substitutions.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

being an mufc fan i was disappointed not to see miller,fletcher, or giggs. none of them played in euro 04. o'shea only played a bit part in the second half and took a terrible pk. however, the youngsters impressed me very much so. especially, and i cringe to say it, that american lad spector was fantastic. eagles needs weight and he could do something in the way fletcher has. djordjic has some quality, but will probably spend his career in the 1st division or a 2nd tier top league.

bayern was HUGELY disappointing. they should have won by 4 or 5 clear goals. ugly. magath must be upset.

ps-I HATE THAT ANNOUNCER CHINAGLIA! bretos is annoying enough with his exaggerated names, but at least his knowledge of players, clubs, and leagues is extensive and varied. chinaglia repeats the same comments OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and they are ALWAYS negative. i wrote Fox Sports World and told them CHinaglia is why I am not subscribing nor are my friends and family to their channel.

Spector was alright against tepid opposition. Fantastic? That's a bit of a reach. As for Chinaglia, he only ever commentates on the Chumpions US Money Grab. I've had FSWC for over a year and have never heard him on any other broadcast. Bretos is just an idiot, you get used to it. Alan Hopkins is by far their best broadcaster and he is terrific on Bundesliga broadcasts due to his knowledge of the German league.

ps-I HATE THAT ANNOUNCER CHINAGLIA! bretos is annoying enough with his exaggerated names, but at least his knowledge of players, clubs, and leagues is extensive and varied. chinaglia repeats the same comments OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and they are ALWAYS negative.

Chinaglia's comment as Roy Keane stepped-up to take his penalty sums up nicely what Bettermirror just said: "I don't know about this penalty (selection)." In a game full of subs, I guess he still didn't think the captain and one of the most solid players in Man Utd history should be taking one of the five penalties for United.

I hope all those Chicago ManUre fans enjoyed paying, what i assume to be a large amount of money, to see their favourite reserve team players. Good to know the Old Trafford bunch care enough about the North American market to put on a good show.

Holy crap! [:0] As a Liverpool fan, I'm thrilled by last night's result. Well actually I'm thrilled by the style of play they have now. Out with the old boring style playing not to lose. Now it's attack attack attack!

Cisse is going to be a very nice addition! Look out Arsenal! ;)

Wow. I can't agree more concerning Chinaglia. A quote from last night's Liverpool-Celtic match, as Hartson had just cleared a corner attempt with a nice header at the top of the box: "Bah! What is Hartson DOING THERE! He's a STRIKER!!!".

Ummm, dude - Hartson is one of Celtic's best headers of the ball, and it's not uncommon for that type of big man to come back and defend a corner. Newcastle does it all the time with Shearer. WHERE DID THEY GET THIS GUY!?!? Is he buddies with a Champions' World executive or something? You could tell Bretos didn't quite know what to say to that. It happened around the 15', look for it if you're watching the replay.

As for Bretos, I enjoy him. He knows his sh*t, and he has a passion for the game I love. That puts him in my good books.

Couldn't agree more re: Chinaglia. For someone who was such a great player back in the day, this guy knows jack **** about soccer.

As for Bretos, he's annoying some of the time, but he does know what he's talking about, which puts him above 99% of American soccer announcers.

I read somewhere where Oliver Khan said that beating Man U in a shoot out in such a meaninful game, in his favorite NFL stadium, was the highlight of his career, even more meaningful than shagging that chick that Sven shagged.

That game made the MLS look like the real champions league.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

As for Bretos, he's annoying some of the time, but he does know what he's talking about, which puts him above 99% of American soccer announcers.

Except Allan Hopkins. :D (although they do sound earily alike). Passion and knowledge I will give Bretos, but the fake accents and other assinine exultations somewhat diminish the positive attributes IMHO. BTW, he's still a million times better than Christian Miles. How that guy ever got a job, I'll never know.

quote:Originally posted by Andrew W

Man, what chick hasn't Sven shagged[?]

I was thinking about that the other day...imagining Sven in at the FA offices walking around, talking to all the pretty secretaries in that Swedish accent, spectacles hanging off the edge of his nose: "Hello baby...I am coach of England, you know?!"

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

See, and I like Vic Rauter. It's all a matter of taste. But I think we can all agree that Chinaglia is awful, right?

To some extent, its a matter of taste. When an announcer says "9.5; 9.2; 9.5" after Cisse's goal celebration, then that announcer just plain sucks. No debate allowed.

Archived