Match Thread: May 18, 2024 - Forge v Vancouver FC

Good to see MOB returning to bolster the CB position, it is going to be a reasonably nice day weather wise so hopefully a decent crowd shows up on this Victoria Day Weekend! With the return leg of the V's Cup 1/4 final match in Montreal on Wednesday looming I expect some squad rotation from Forge, Vancouver has played Forge tough here in The Hammer so it should be a good match!

22 minutes ago, Ivan said:

MOB has been great this year!

Yes, when James moved on and Forge didn't replace him with a Didic like player I was concerned, I guess Bobby knew that MOB was ready to step up into that position also Para who has been great at LB can play there, Metusala has been good in MOB's abscence and Samuel gives further CB depth1 

There's no great mystery to how to stop being scored on with an olympico. You have to be closer to your back post than the near post when the corner is taken so you can get backwards to a ball like that. Some CanPL keepers are not doing that though.

2 hours ago, Big_M said:

surprise surprise only six subs for vancouver with only norman listed as out with injury

Yup, they've chosen not to have any of the young guys there: TJ, White, Grady, etc.