WC Game 1 Viewing Party (July 20th)

8 minutes ago, kacbru said:

If you count the 3km from my house to the Dunedin stadium, yes.

You've got me beat. I'm traveling about 50 km to the match in Melbourne tomorrow. Until 3 months ago, it would've only been about 10 km.

Who's playing in Dunedin?

6 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

You've got me beat. I'm traveling about 50 km to the match in Melbourne tomorrow. Until 3 months ago, it would've only been about 10 km.

Who's playing in Dunedin?

The Swiss are based here, and they play two games.  Swiss vs. Philippines kick things off tomorrow, Portugal vs. Netherlands Sunday, Japan vs. Costa Rica 26 July, South Africa vs Argentina 28 July, Swiss vs. NZ 30 July, Vietnam vs. Netherlands 1 Aug.

So far, going to the bold games. 

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

I was the happiest person in the world when we got drawn to play two group matches here in Melbourne. Getting the final group match against the Matildas was an extra bonus. I also got tickets for a Round of 16 match here. Just the 3 games for me, thus far.

Yeah - lucky you!  Hopefully the final group game is just to decide who finishes 1-2.

I’ve just moved to Australia this week, so I didn’t have much time to prepare, and Canberra isn’t hosting any matches. Nevertheless, I’ll be watching the Canada-Nigeria match at The Caribou in Kingston ACT if anyone wants to join me.

By the nature of the bracket, if Canada makes the final in Sydney, that means Australia and England didn’t — so here’s holding out hope that there would be tickets on offer on the day.