Match Thread: April 30, 2023 - Cavalry v Valour

1 minute ago, Big_M said:

crisis of york was worse....a number of 15-17 year olds on the bench...de brienne easily turned inside out by the seasoned musse who gives to bevan for the 1-0

Valour's CB pairing is a hobbit midfielder and a League 1 Ontario wingback

4 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

I think they've played way better so far this season than they did to start last season.

I'm not as doom and gloom as you are.

Eventually you simply run out of bodies. If I'm Cavalry I'm really worried that they haven't managed to go up 2 or 3-0 already against this group. They appear to be well-coached, as they have in every PDS season, but they already start each season behind the 8-ball roster-wise, and can't afford to have literally half their squad out hurt.

Edited by jonovision

13 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

de Brienne boosters from last week, where are you? That was the kind of defending I was worried about.

de Brienne was argueing about the throw-in instead of getting back into position.  Painful learning experience for the youngster.

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Hume is hilarious. He can't figure out why Niyongabire has been less effective today when it's obviously because the injury substitution has forced him to play on the wrong side.

He is correct Niyongabire has been holding on to the ball too long.  Add in a pass for a change.   ... and again!

Just now, K Edgar said:

He is correct Niyongabire has been holding on to the ball too long.  Add in a pass for a change.   ... and again!

More often than not there is no pass available. The midfielders aren't playing forward, which is what you'd expect since they have to provide support for black hole at CB