Mexico vs Canada - Tuesday, November 30th - 5:30pm EST / 2:30pm Pacific - Mexico City

Mexico City Trip - Match 2 of 2
Mexico vs Canada
Tuesday, November 30th
5:30pm Eastern / 2:30pm Pacific
Estadio de la Ciudad de los Deportes (Estadio Azulgrana), Mexico City
Broadcast: ONESoccer & Telus Channel 980
Tickets:
https://fronticket.boletosenlinea.events/eventperformances.asp?evt=713

-----

Thread for the second match.

Starting XI :

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2.5 hours until game time. I feel like the loss in game 1 killed any enthusiasm for this game. This thread is lifeless. Hopefully they get it together this time. From what I saw of the other game, we didn't just lose, we were outplayed handily.

On 11/23/2021 at 10:15 AM, _Vic_ said:

2006 at Estadio Victoria Aguascalientes which is higher than Azteca. Did two days of local training before playing them. Won 3-1. Two days later tied them at a high school in Palm Springs near sea level.

BTW, @_Vic_ , thank you for looking that up because I didn't know about those Aguascalientes matches but that altitude thing is not correct.

Sinclair just said in the post game interview that this was the first time she's played at altitude like that.

Estadio Victoria in Aguascalientes is just below 1900m.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aguascalientes_City

This stadium in Mexico City was at over 2200m.

They found these two matches at altitude tough but I think it will serve them well in the long run.

The results are great for the Mexican program. 

Performance in these two games and the three in the February matter for ranking but that's about it.

We need to figure out personnel for 2023 and the earlier we do that the more we can optimize the build up.

So some tough decisions ahead in 2022.

As rkomar mentioned, we have some work to do in the final third.

It will be interesting to see what direction Bev Priestman goes in.

Something is wrong with Rose's shoe/cleat.  Did anyone else notice that her shoe fell off twice?  The first time was obviously during her big chance.  The second time was shortly after that, but the broadcaster was talking about something else and never pointed that out.

Regardless, I have faith that Rose will regain her confidence and move past this.  We need a quality PK taker like her in future major tournaments.

Edited by Sinc_Tanc_Olympic_Action