Match Thread: September 6, 2021 - HFX Wanderers v York United

narduch

38 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Oxner has to have that. He has let in too many this year he could have had.

Football is a team game until the goalkeeper makes a mistake as the saying goes. He should have done better no doubt about that but questions should also be asked on whether Abzi should have been able to have that much time and space at the top of the box from a dead ball. Think Jimmy B & Co may have spotted a weakness on how Halifax defend free kicks like that.

8 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Football is a team game until the goalkeeper makes a mistake as the saying goes. He should have done better no doubt about that but questions should also be asked on whether Abzi should have been able to have that much time and space at the top of the box from a dead ball. Think Jimmy B & Co may have spotted a weakness on how Halifax defend free kicks like that.

I was about to agree with you - Til Oxner let that in.   lol  What a wild finish

Oh my god.  Got up this morning and watched the highlights.  That weather! Intense.  So much slipping and sliding, in no way ideal for football.  I've said it before, and I will say it again... I love Halifax fans... I don't know what the attendance was, but it looks like a better turnout than some teams get when the weather is sunny.  Well done to all those who were sat out on the bleachers with there ponchos.