Match Thread: July 22, 2021 - Forge v Cavalry

I sure am pleased Forge are out of this bubble, the injuries piled up with a couple of more last night, to play twice a week on plastic in this heat after no pre-season was brutal and Forge's depth is certainly being put to the test, I hope Forge have some starters back and can field a good side Aug 4th in the Concacaf Lg match! Kudos to Novak for showing class without over celebrating the goal vs his previous employer and Klomp seems like quite a find for Cavalry, he was dominant! 

47 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Maybe I don't know the 2021 Forge roster very well, but were they missing anyone significant other than at CB?

CB is kind of important and Forge were already missing the top 2 then the next 2 got injured leaving them playing with the 5th and 6th choice at CB who were not CB's as well as a debut for an unproven player at RB, Borges started but is clearly not recovered from a knee injury, others from the injury list were forced into action!

Edited by gator

12 minutes ago, gator said:

CB is kind of important and Forge were already missing the top 2 then the next 2 got injured leaving them playing with the 5th and 6th choice at CB who were not CB's as well as a debut for an unproven player at RB, Borges started but is clearly not recovered from a knew injury, others from the injury list were forced into action!

It seems like there's been an epidemic of CB injuries. Half the teams in the league seem to be missing their top 2 or 3 guys.

2 hours ago, gator said:

I sure am pleased Forge are out of this bubble, the injuries piled up with a couple of more last night, to play twice a week on plastic in this heat after no pre-season was brutal and Forge's depth is certainly being put to the test, I hope Forge have some starters back and can field a good side Aug 4th in the Concacaf Lg match! Kudos to Novak for showing class without over celebrating the goal vs his previous employer and Klomp seems like quite a find for Cavalry, he was dominant! 

It helps that the Concacaf league matches were moved back to the 12th and 17th, but dang am I excited to be back at THF on August 4th.