Keeper depth chart?

This one is probably going to be controversial but I honestly think Sirois is the future.

Like, the guy is only 21 and already better than St. Clair (based on my sample of St. Clair's play), and his upward trajectory is just ridiculous right now. He was playing in CPL last year and he is now in the long list for MLS player of the year. I do feel bad for Crepeau but that's the kind of injury its very much to fully recover from as an athlete. As for McGil... well, him being in a Premier League team is obviously great, and if he would only play rarely for them then that would be enough for him to be in contention but the issue is that he hasn't played at all for them yet, which is a concern IMO.

Its not going to happen right away but by 2026? I strongly believe he is going to be our best bet and he might be until like 2034. At the very least his level of play combined with Borjan's age, the questions still around Crepeau and the fact McGill hasn't even seen the pitch above Brighton U-21, despite being two years older then Sirois, ought to have the CMNT give him some call-ups to integrate him to the ground as early as now, if not all the time then at least have him alternate with St. Clair.

Edited by phil03

3 hours ago, phil03 said:

This one is probably going to be controversial but I honestly think Sirois is the future.

Like, the guy is only 21 and already better than St. Clair (based on my sample of St. Clair's play), and his upward trajectory is just ridiculous right now. He was playing in CPL last year and he is now in the long list for MLS player of the year. I do feel bad for Crepeau but that's the kind of injury its very much to fully recover from as an athlete. As for McGil... well, him being in a Premier League team is obviously great, and if he would only play rarely for them then that would be enough for him to be in contention but the issue is that he hasn't played at all for them yet, which is a concern IMO.

Its not going to happen right away but by 2026? I strongly believe he is going to be our best bet and he might be until like 2034. At the very least his level of play combined with Borjan's age, the questions still around Crepeau and the fact McGill hasn't even seen the pitch above Brighton U-21, despite being two years older then Sirois, ought to have the CMNT give him some call-ups to integrate him to the ground as early as now, if not all the time then at least have him alternate with St. Clair.

There is no controversy.  Anyone that has watched would agree.  The only way anyone doesn't agree or see it is basing the decision on 2022.  It'll take a while for Crepeau to shake off the rust, DSC has been very on/off.  Borjan was strong for us, however even at his best we were always worried about brain farts, either way, he is not the future.  

Sirois's baseline is is higher than the options, and his ceiling is a lot higher.

McGill or some of the others could also take a major step up, which would be amazing, but if an important match was played today I'd go with Sirois.  It's shocking he isn't on the list.  I assume Borjan was already verbally given the guaranteed start so they didn't see the point.