TFC CCL 2019

Club Linesman

On 2/27/2019 at 11:54 AM, Gian-Luca said:

Anyone know if Jordan Hamilton ran over Stephen Caldwell's dog with his car or something? When I got home I re-watched a bit of the recording of the game, and maybe it was just the bits that I re-watched seemed to me like Caldwell was, except on the TFC goal itself, almost always slagging him off, which I thought was a strange game to be doing that in. He was our most (and only) dangerous attacker of the three we played and generally at least was getting his shots on target and obviously got the one goal with a perfectly placed header.

Hamilton seems to play a bit like Larin, he jogs a lot trying to get into space and only sprints at the last moment.

20 hours ago, Obinna said:

Anyone else think DeLeon did well last night?

I thought he did better than most. Kept posession well and provided a bit of pace.

He seemed to play well I just noticed sometimes he was not able to play the passing game the way Toronto have played when they were good.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

He seemed to play well I just noticed sometimes he was not able to play the passing game the way Toronto have played when they were good.

Interesting. I saw a player who could keep posession adequately, but also offer something more direct than Osorio or Delgado, so a bit of variety if you will.

Or put another way, I thought he was not able to play the Toronto passing game in a good way. 

The team has too many passers and not enough players who can run with the ball, especially now that Giovinco is gone.

16 hours ago, gator said:

I agree Delgado was better than the week before, how could he not be, the whole team was pretty horrible, and he was more useful in the deeper role, I just didn't think he was all that good, his passing when he got forward was poor and yes field conditions played a part!

I'm no fan of his, but I did think that was one of his better games and he did well considering the conditions. Re. Hamilton. Nice goal but he's certainly less than clinical...looks like goals are going to be few and far between this year especially if Altidore is injured most of the time.  

Hamilton, like Babouli before him, was never given an extended run of games to prove his worth. Watching Spencer get minutes was infuriating.  Hopefully Hamilton gets an actual opportunity to succeed this year.  If he doesn’t he needs to get out of TFC and find another place to play. Like AJH in Montreal.  Another Canadian youngster not getting the chance to actually prove they can play in the league.

11 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Hamilton, like Babouli before him, was never given an extended run of games to prove his worth. Watching Spencer get minutes was infuriating.  Hopefully Hamilton gets an actual opportunity to succeed this year.  If he doesn’t he needs to get out of TFC and find another place to play. Like AJH in Montreal.  Another Canadian youngster not getting the chance to actually prove they can play in the league.

It is going to be tough for Hamilton to find playing time this year if Vanney wants to play with a single striker. Altidore will play any game he can. Boyd will be his regular backup. He has to fight Akinola for the scraps, and Akinola might be the coaching staffs favourite. I think Hamilton was re-signed due to the uncertainty with Altidore's contract.

Archived