TFC CCL 2019

Club Linesman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jpg75 said:

With guys like Ciman and Mavinga i'd think this team would function best with a sweeper between those 2. Just stick to what works. Put Moor between them or go out and find another positionally savvy vet.

One issue with three at the back is Zavaleta would be the only backup. 

I wonder if they could play a 3-4-2-1 formation. 

Ciman moor mavinga

Auro Delgado Bradley morrow

Osorio pozuelo

Jozy

3 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Surprisingly Boyd to the bench tonight- Hamilton and Akinola get the start up top, I think in a 4-3-3 with DeLeon on the other wing

Maybe Hamilton and Akinola will be extra hungry and work their asses off.  Or maybe they really want it to be over so they can move onto the regular season with no distractions.  

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am in town for work and went to the Raptors game instead. Had to buy tickets a few weeks ago, and I didn't even know this game was happening. At this point I an glad I made the choice I did, given the weather and result. 

No doubt, you got to see the Raps crush Boston.

1 hour ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Weeknight, traffic jam on the 401, Maple Leafs were on TV - always 100 excuses T-Dot. Lets just hope all the empty seats don't carry over to the regular season.  

It will be very interesting to see how attendance numbers are this season, Seba was obviously a big draw and so was winning, if the team continues to struggle I expect a bit of a dip, season tickets are still strong afaik!

I wouldn't read too much into the attendance at last night's game given the circumstances, that was by far the coldest home game TFC have played in what was largely a perceived lost cause before the game started, particularly with none of the star players who have left (or are injured).

A much better effort which at least restored some faith that the players on this team still have the passion and we could at least be a playoff team once 3-4 the missing pieces are added. Not to sure about De Leon's attacking ability though I can see why he's been used at right back, some of his decision making was off. I'm not usually one to whine about the pitch ruining the performance but pretty much any advantage TFC had from the extreme cold was lost by that pitch holding the ball up or causing them to scuff half their shots. It was ridiculous, like they were playing in a sandpit. I know why they have to put the sand there, but that pitch is more sand than grass at the moment and it just played into the hands of any team wanting to bunker because there was difficulty in moving the ball quickly. The new pitch can't come soon enough, I can see why the National team game was moved to Vancouver since the new pitch is not being placed until April. Hopefully there is only one more game TFC has to  play on it, the home opener against New England Prostitution-Ring Owners

Anyone know if Jordan Hamilton ran over Stephen Caldwell's dog with his car or something? When I got home I re-watched a bit of the recording of the game, and maybe it was just the bits that I re-watched seemed to me like Caldwell was, except on the TFC goal itself, almost always slagging him off, which I thought was a strange game to be doing that in. He was our most (and only) dangerous attacker of the three we played and generally at least was getting his shots on target and obviously got the one goal with a perfectly placed header.

I wasnt going to comment on Caldwell but since you brought it up.......

He ragged on Hamilton alot, especially right after the Panama goal, almost like the goal was more his fault for going down easy on the edge of the opponents box and not the 2 CB's that made a complete mess of a simple hopeful long ball to a single attacker, that turned into a breakaway.  Later on he did have a positive review of Hamiltons overall performance, but listening during the game you would have thought Hamilton was playing terrible or had sh*t in Caldwells cornflakes.  

Overall Endoh and Hamilton were the only guys who looked dangerous.  For all Caldwells snarks, Hamilton was at least getting into space and getting a head on the crosses, putting shots on net.  Deleon looked like he can be be a useful piece of the puzzle, not sure Bradley is playing like a 6million dollar man though.  Dont know what to make of Boyd yet, hopefully he settles in and shows more in the future.  Like Grizz said (Caldwell agreed) the Mavinga/CIman pairing looks to gamble too much.  Imagine if Henry had made a gaff like Ciman, everyone would be screaming that he cant be trusted!  I'm glad CCL is over, lets concentrate on the regular season.  

3 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I wouldn't read too much into the attendance at last night's game given the circumstances, that was by far the coldest home game TFC have played in what was largely a perceived lost cause before the game started, particularly with none of the star players who have left (or are injured).

A much better effort which at least restored some faith that the players on this team still have the passion and we could at least be a playoff team once 3-4 the missing pieces are added. Not to sure about De Leon's attacking ability though I can see why he's been used at right back, some of his decision making was off. I'm not usually one to whine about the pitch ruining the performance but pretty much any advantage TFC had from the extreme cold was lost by that pitch holding the ball up or causing them to scuff half their shots. It was ridiculous, like they were playing in a sandpit. I know why they have to put the sand there, but that pitch is more sand than grass at the moment and it just played into the hands of any team wanting to bunker because there was difficulty in moving the ball quickly. The new pitch can't come soon enough, I can see why the National team game was moved to Vancouver since the new pitch is not being placed until April. Hopefully there is only one more game TFC has to  play on it, the home opener against New England Prostitution-Ring Owners

Anyone know if Jordan Hamilton ran over Stephen Caldwell's dog with his car or something? When I got home I re-watched a bit of the recording of the game, and maybe it was just the bits that I re-watched seemed to me like Caldwell was, except on the TFC goal itself, almost always slagging him off, which I thought was a strange game to be doing that in. He was our most (and only) dangerous attacker of the three we played and generally at least was getting his shots on target and obviously got the one goal with a perfectly placed header.

Yes re: Caldwell, he was over the top with his criticism, even after the goal he remarked the keeper should have made the save, he did state in the post game that Hamilton had a good game, maybe his producers got to him on that! I guess Hamilton will be the chosen Canadian to rip apart for him, his praise for a rather ordinary Delgado is a little much as well, I quite frankly cannot understand it!

1 hour ago, gator said:

Yes re: Caldwell, he was over the top with his criticism, even after the goal he remarked the keeper should have made the save, he did state in the post game that Hamilton had a good game, maybe his producers got to him on that! I guess Hamilton will be the chosen Canadian to rip apart for him, his praise for a rather ordinary Delgado is a little much as well, I quite frankly cannot understand it!

I thought Delgado was much better this week than last, in part because he was playing deeper, which I think suits him better. 

To Obinna’s point re De Leon, he was good and I think he will be a good, versatile addition. From the stands he looks and moves (ie runs) uncannily like De Ro but with much less offensive talent and guile. There was on time in the first half when he had Auro ahead of him in acres of space but instead of releasing the ball to him kept it and dribbled right into the corner that Auro was already heading to, and ultimately he passed it back to Auro when he ran out of options and the play fizzled out. Maybe he just didn’t trust Auro’s ability to cross the ball by that point because Auro more than most seemed to scuff his passes and crosses in the quicksand that was BMO Field last night, but ultimately it seemed like an unwise decision.

2 hours ago, gator said:

Ya, I didnt get that either. Mentioned a couple times that the keeper should have had it. Looked like a great header to me. Hamilton may have lost the ball a few times, but at least he was trying to do so etching. Hardly heard Akinolas name at all... So I expect Akinola to stay next game. Or Boyd with Akinola on the bench and Hamilton out of the 18.

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I thought Delgado was much better this week than last, in part because he was playing deeper, which I think suits him better. 

To Obinna’s point re De Leon, he was good and I think he will be a good, versatile addition. From the stands he looks and moves (ie runs) uncannily like De Ro but with much less offensive talent and guile. There was on time in the first half when he had Auro ahead of him in acres of space but instead of releasing the ball to him kept it and dribbled right into the corner that Auro was already heading to, and ultimately he passed it back to Auro when he ran out of options and the play fizzled out. Maybe he just didn’t trust Auro’s ability to cross the ball by that point because Auro more than most seemed to scuff his passes and crosses in the quicksand that was BMO Field last night, but ultimately it seemed like an unwise decision.

Thought the same, though I was watching on tv.

Well....the internet. 

I agree Delgado was better than the week before, how could he not be, the whole team was pretty horrible, and he was more useful in the deeper role, I just didn't think he was all that good, his passing when he got forward was poor and yes field conditions played a part!

Archived