Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The boys at MLS have indicated that as the roster currently stands TFC are the least talented group representing MLS.  However, they do feel TFC have the easiest road to the final.  If we can hang in there and get Pozuelo we may have a chance to repeat last years run.

It all gets going tomorrow against the Panama champs who have already played 4 games during their season and have 10 points in those games.  It will be interesting to see how Vanney plays this game.  We have a lot less attacking talent and I don’t think he can afford to play a b-side in this game. I expect a somewhat dull affair and TFC getting a 1-0 win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a round two exit, hopefully I'm wrong. The path isn't much easier either Liga MX is still better and they would have to go through three teams from Mexico. 

Pozuelo isn't coming in time to help out and they still haven't signed any Tam level players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

I see a round two exit, hopefully I'm wrong. The path isn't much easier either Liga MX is still better and they would have to go through three teams from Mexico.

Someone hates MLS.

On 1/26/2019 at 7:54 PM, Mikmacdo said:

Someone hates TFC.

Obviously 19 year old Millar isn’t on VV level yet, but who said he would replace him? 

Liga MX is barely better if at all anymore.

James isn’t getting much playing time, Godinho could probably get as much playing time here. 

Hoilet would probably be better off on a team not about to be relegated and he doesn’t even start every game. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Really ? You went through all my posts to point out I said it's barely better? 

Trust me, wasn't hard to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Trust me, wasn't hard to find.

I actually don't hate MLS I'm just being realistic. I am a TFC fan, I just think some of the rules make it impossible to compete with Liga MX. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Line up prediction from WTR lists the front three as Endoh, Boyd and De Leon. Rest of the squad looks solid but this is not exactly a murderers row and why I think we will be in a lot of nail biters this year.   Hope Vanney can figure out a way to create some offence without VV and Gio, but my guess is we will have a very defensive side this year. And Jozy better be able to play 30 games this year for us to have a chance to do well in CCL and the league.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Endoh?  Seriously?  I don't think I heard his name in any of the preseason reports, other than his re-signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTR indicated that he wants to play with wingers and have assumed it will be a 4-3-3.  Endoh was very underwhelming for TFC, but did have a great spell last year for a couple of weeks for TFC 2.  Maybe Telfer  or Akinola will get the start instead?  I was wondering if you could get Chapman on the pitch there but assuming there is a respect for the Panamanian team and what they are capable of I doubt Vanney would put Jay out on the wing even if he is more talented than those listed above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We could see this:

--------------------Bono------------------

Auro----Ciman---Mavinga---Morgan

-------------------Bradley------------------

-------------Delgado--Osorio----------

DeLeon---------Boyd-------Morrow

 

Could be worse, right?

Really, there are only 3 new players in that 11. One of them (Ciman) should theoretically be an upgrade and has CCL experience. Another one is (and has been) an MLS starter for years, and the third is a big question mark, but looking at the positives he's earned 14 USA caps, but roll of the dice nonetheless. 

Not bad though, at least for this round.

Jozy and (hopefully) Pozuelo probably make it a starting 11 with a fighting chance in this tournament. 

Can't wait to see how they look tonight!

 

Edited by Obinna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

We could see this:

--------------------Bono------------------

Auro----Ciman---Mavinga---Morgan

-------------------Bradley------------------

-------------Delgado--Osorio----------

DeLeon---------Boyd-------Morrow

 

Could be worse, right?

Really, there are only 3 new players in that 11. One of them (Ciman) should theoretically be an upgrade and has CCL experience. Another one is (and has been) an MLS starter for years, and the third is a big question mark, but looking at the positives he's earned 14 MLS caps, but roll of the dice nonetheless. 

Not bad though, at least for this round.

Jozy and (hopefully) Pozuelo probably make it a starting 11 with a fighting chance in this tournament. 

Can't wait to see how they look tonight!

 

Telfer had a good preseason. I think he earned a shot to start. Ciman is banged up and this pitch is awful turf, I'd rest him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Telfer had a good preseason. I think he earned a shot to start. Ciman is banged up and this pitch is awful turf, I'd rest him. 

Good call on Ciman if true.

And yes, I would actually prefer Telfer to play in Morrow's spot, and Morrow to relegate Morgan to the bench. I think it'll depend on how much Vanney trusts Telfer, amongst other things such as fitness, etc. I'd start him though, all things considered.

Edited by Obinna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

Telfer had a good preseason. I think he earned a shot to start. Ciman is banged up and this pitch is awful turf, I'd rest him. 

Where are you hearing this?  Podcasts etc?  Fill an old guy in on where to pick up this inside info eh??  Havnt seen a new COYR cast since the preseason started.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Where are you hearing this?  Podcasts etc?  Fill an old guy in on where to pick up this inside info eh??  Havnt seen a new COYR cast since the preseason started.  

I believe he scored a few goals if I'm remembering right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Telfer scored in the 5-1 loss to Las Vegas but I don't know if he played after that. I wonder what the status on Shaffelburg and Laryea is (two players who did play in the friendlies against LA Galaxy and Colorado after that loss to LV).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Telfer scored in the 5-1 loss to Las Vegas but I don't know if he played after that. I wonder what the status on Shaffelburg and Laryea is (two players who did play in the friendlies against LA Galaxy and Colorado after that loss to LV).

Didn't he scored one or two in the first game vs the NCAA team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Telfer and Hamilton better be injured because they aren't dressed and some of the players starting ahead of them look absolutely woeful. Morrow looks out of his depth in a front three (unsurprisingly) and Griffin Dorsey looks completely useless on the other side. Chapman and Endoh must surely be better options there if not Shaffelburg. And for heavens sake can we not find someone who can take a PK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very slow start.  Trailing 1-0 and the play has been even at best.  Thought Ciman was good on the ball but weak defensively.       Rookie on the right was ok.  Brutal missed penalty and no one on the field capable. We are very obviously in pre-season and really need to get an away goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

Telfer and Hamilton better be injured because they aren't dressed and some of the players starting ahead of them look absolutely woeful. Morrow looks out of his depth in a front three (unsurprisingly) and Griffin Dorsey looks completely useless on the other side. Chapman and Endoh must surely be better options there if not Shaffelburg. And for heavens sake can we not find someone who can take a PK?

Did Vanney underestimate his opponent?

Think wingers were ok at best and wonder who can come in and have an impact on the game. Maybe Chapman can get in there somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Terrible first half. Hopefully they pull one back. This team is a shell of the 2018 team......which didn't even make the playoffs.

Vanney sucks. Why would he play morrow at forward that was a disaster. Ciman doesn't look like he will help the defense either. If you don't have the personnel don't force a 4-3-3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...