Christine Sinclair calls out CSA

Keegan

2 minutes ago, matty said:

you're ignoring so many facts like that the two games that were not televised were both controlled by outside parties and were not of equal weight at all. you're equal claim is fairly weak here.

i'd also add that if the women get all the attention, as you claim, then why didn't any of these games end up on tv while all the gold cup games did?

there are valid points to the women's complaints (which you know is fucking true) and you also know this thread is a void as a result and makes these forums look stupid.

I agree with the fact it should be televised, I'm just saying their beef is with the networks and they don't need to "compare" themselves to the MNT in a bid for sympathy.  Why not compare yourself with the actual sports you were competing against on that Wednesday?  I'm sure you can see that's a valid point.  For our men's game to be televised it should be celebrated because it's good for soccer, just like we are all happy when the women are on TV.  

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I agree with the fact it should be televised, I'm just saying their beef is with the networks and they don't need to "compare" themselves to the MNT in a bid for sympathy.  Why not compare yourself with the actual sports you were competing against on that Wednesday?  I'm sure you can see that's a valid point.  For our men's game to be televised it should be celebrated because it's good for soccer, just like we are all happy when the women are on TV.  

Here you finally have a fair point and to give an answer TSN had That's Hockey and Broncos vs. Cardinals on both TSN 1 and 5 from like 7 to 11:30. While we can all mostly agree NFL is the bigger draw, there was room for the game but TSN and CONCACAF didn't come to terms on the game. I'm unsure if the game was shown on US TV.

I'm also sure the women are fine and more than likely pleased with the men's game being on TV.

21 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

If that is the case, you usually wouldn't hold up a picture of your friend and shout "why am I not doing as well as this person??"

This.

I encourage the women to fight for recognition and to get more air time, but there's no need to make it an either/or, or Us vs. Them competition with the men - who also happen to be as starved for recognition and air time.

21 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

If that is the case, you usually wouldn't hold up a picture of your friend and shout "why am I not doing as well as this person??"

LOL but in this case it would be “why is this person being treated equal to me??” 

And before the whole “but it’s World Cup qualifying” nonsense.. Canada beat Panama 7-0 and Canada beat USVI 8-0, these games weren’t worth paying for and tuning into for a casual observer.

These games weren’t even on the same day, there is literally no basis for bringing the MNT into your pity party. 

23 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

the complaints are not about the mnt itself but about media and promotion and by o.p.'s own admission are valid complaints. neither of the wnt players has gone after the mnt in either post. yes they are using them as an example, because same sport, but they're not complaining about the them, they're complaining that a game of great stakes was mishandled and somewhat ignored in their own country which was due to by bodies that are not the mnt.

they're also as aware, as we are, that the mnt getting on tv and doing well is good for the sport for both genders. to say they do not or imply that they do not want success for the men's program makes little actual sense because it does a degree of harm to their program.

i don't know why people with valid complaints about the csa, concacaf and mass canadian media are being treated like an enemy.

1 minute ago, Keegan said:

LOL but in this case it would be “why is this person being treated equal to me??” 

And before the whole “but it’s World Cup qualifying” nonsense.. Canada beat Panama 7-0 and Canada beat USVI 8-0, these games weren’t worth paying for and tuning into for a casual observer.

I think the fact both games were on the road is apt comparison too. Nonetheless, i will agree with the tweeters that the networks should have shown the final vs. USA. Perhaps they tried really hard but Fox was asking for too much $$?

8 minutes ago, Keegan said:

These games weren’t even on the same day, there is literally no basis for bringing the MNT into your pity party. 

Dude we're not talking about the Panama game right, we're talking solely the final which also was a CUP game.

I agree the 7-0 was of minimal casual interest but the final likely would have been.

3 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

I think the fact both games were on the road is apt comparison too. Nonetheless, i will agree with the tweeters that the networks should have shown the final vs. USA. Perhaps they tried really hard but Fox was asking for too much $$?

Def was a factor, CSA has been pretty good recently about home games being televised but this fell out of their hands. Curious what the deal with OZ is and how much OZ is getting.

4 minutes ago, matty said:

Dude we're not talking about the Panama game right, we're talking solely the final which also was a CUP game.

I agree the 7-0 was of minimal casual interest but the final likely would have been.

Actually the original tweet was about both the SF and Final not being shown. 

Also just noticed that tweet was a reply to the CSA Twitter address. The #showboth hastag is inclusive, John Doyle's reply to it labelling the momentum building for the MNT as misogynist is borderline insane.

9 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Actually the original tweet was about both the SF and Final not being shown. 

Also just noticed that tweet was a reply to the CSA Twitter address. The #showboth hastag is inclusive, John Doyle's reply to it labelling the momentum building for the MNT as misogynist is borderline insane.

The original mentioned both but due to timing (the first tweet was made after the semis were done) it's not insane to say it was mainly about the final. We've also mainly been talking the final here so I'm going to ignore the semi cause I think most agree it wasn't going to draw big TV numbers.

Doyle's kind of just trying to stir the pot and probably should be the target of criticism rather than the WNT players, who we all agree have a point, because he's actually making the MNT a vampire of sorts rather than going after the outside bodies as the player have.

Archived