TFC: MLS Cup or Champions League?

TFC has already won the MLS Cup. They should make the CCL their #1 priority. So what if you lose to Columbus or put a B team vs Mtl, TFC can always catch up having an entire season to do so. CCL should be their focus and making the World Club Championship Vs a team like Madrid or Juve. Imagine that? Giovinco vs his old club?

Still think Canada gets a raw deal and should have at least 2 Cdn clubs in the round of 16 of CCL even if we are only now 4 clubs we continue to get results in this tournament despite the limited number:

2018 TFC in the semis

2017 VWFC semifinals 

2015 IMFC in finals

2012 TFC in semifinals 

• 1 month later...

I think they have enough time to get into the playoffs, even with a couple of losses right now. It's MILS, one thing has been proven over and over again is that it's extremely hard for any club to keep performing consistently throughout the season. It's about getting in shape in the last one or two months that counts. 

On 4/16/2018 at 6:56 AM, shamrock said:

I think they have enough time to get into the playoffs, even with a couple of losses right now. It's MILS, one thing has been proven over and over again is that it's extremely hard for any club to keep performing consistently throughout the season. It's about getting in shape in the last one or two months that counts. 

In theory, all TFC has to do is make the playoffs and they will still have just as good a shot as repeating.  I would be more annoyed if I was a fan of another team who finishes high in the standings and they are "rewarded" with playing TFC in the first round because TFC finished lower due to the amount of points that they threw away at the beginning of the season during their chase for the Champions League trophy.

Archived