San Francisco Deltas 2017 Season

Given that that Deltas give the most minutes of any non-reserve team on the continent to Canadians, and have arguably the best Canadian coach around, I figured we should start a thread dedicated to the club's season. With the signing of Maxim Tissot, I'm even more interested in watching Deltas matches this year. Anyone else?

Teijsse is a beast at LB and they've allowed 4 goals in 6 games so I see Tissot playing more on the wing where Cruz, Jackson and Pablo Dyego have alternated as starters and get subbed out often. Jackson and Dyego have each come up with one big goal this season.

I've watched a couple of Deltas games already this year for that very reason. Totally agree that Teijsse has been very impressive, so they probably aren't looking at Tissot as a LB.

They play a 4-3-3, so I am curious as to how they will use him, as I Tissot primarily as a winger. As I mentioned in another thread, the Delta's home pitch seems to be very narrow and there is not much space. Games played there are very disjointed. Perhaps Dos Santos will look to change tactics there.

• 2 months later...
On 2017-07-28 at 2:52 PM, shermanator said:

This article indicates that the players were told there's a 90% chance of the Deltas folding at the end of the year. That was quick.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/features/will-nasl-stop-playing-san-francisco-deltas-division-ii-sacntioning

The "90%" thing claimed by "sources" was later debunked.

This was a poorly written article and harped back to some of the wild claims last year that started around this time. The article claims NY Cosmos are in peril because the coach may leave? Come on, he'll be replaced and will be missed but him leaving in no way puts the club in peril and they've known he's had interest from MLS teams for years and expect him to most likely leave at the end of his contract after this year. FCE won't be joining the CPL in the next few years either.

• 3 months later...

Archived