Metro Vancouver Canadian Premier League Club

CDNFootballer

Not sure if they will end up having a club in the Canadian Premier League but if they do just a historical tidbit of info relating to a possible name :

Vancouver_Royals.png?resize=305,209&ssl=

The Vancouver Royals made the recent list of "10 of the coolest, strangest vintage logos. Add an "FC" to the end of the name and modernize the logo possibly.

The writeup on the Royals from the article :

"When the United Soccer Association merged with the National Professional Soccer League to create the original NASL in 1968, it was the Royals who first represented Vancouver with the Whitecaps not arriving on the scene until 1974. Of all of the crests talked about thus far, the Royals have the classiest. It is simple but striking, which makes it a fabulous crest."

http://www.lefthooks.net/2017/02/17/990/

Really? That would remove the one element that makes it cool for me -- the moment you realize that the V at the bottom isn't just the tip of the triangle but an actual V for Vancouver. VR Vancouver Rovers. Replacing the R with FC would eliminate that nice bit of symmetry and completeness. 

On 2017-02-19 at 7:38 AM, shorty said:

Really? That would remove the one element that makes it cool for me -- the moment you realize that the V at the bottom isn't just the tip of the triangle but an actual V for Vancouver. VR Vancouver Rovers. Replacing the R with FC would eliminate that nice bit of symmetry and completeness. 

For me the "V" and "R" is redundant - it is for "Royals" is it not? 

On 18/02/2017 at 7:59 PM, ted said:

The only minor change I would suggest is taking out the "R" and replacing it with "FC".

I think if "FC" is necessary in the crest, it would be best in small enough letters to fit in the space above the crown (F below the O in Royals, C below the L).  The V is brilliant.  It makes the whole thing into a triangle (unique for a football crest) and it's also part of the V for Vancouver.

Archived