Voyageurs Cup winner badges

Hi all,

My name is Mike and I'm a co-founder of Kings in the North a TFC supporters group. We're in the process of doing some designs for displays et, and one of the ideas that came up was to create a winners badge for the current V's cup holders to wear during CCL and V's cup action. We have mocked up an initial design and are currently getting to digitally done. The great thing about the badge is it would be club neutral, so we'd give the design as a gift to the CSA and the V's to present the Cup winners. Granted the initial design we created has a TFC element to it, it can easy be changed to fit the other clubs in the competition. I hope this post passed by the eye of the V's leadership as we'd love to share and get some input. I've attached a very early draft of what we're thinking. Let us know what you think.

Patch 1.PNG

On July 1, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Adam H said:

I like the idea as well.

What about something simple, like a small maple leaf over the team crest, much like world cup winners' stars?

You could even use the maple leaf from the V's logo

VsCupStars.gif

To save the logos from clutter, I'd want to see silver for 5 wins and gold for 10. I still kind of prefer the stars though

• 2 months later...

While I'm all for some kind of recognition of the V-Cup, I think this could clutter up a jersey really fast if you allowed new leafs every year. Espcially with how few teams we have. I mean, Montreal in the post above already looks absurd, and even if you Bronze, Silver and Gold the Leafs, it's going to be too much clutter.

I'd like to see an arm patch for winning he V-Cup and the current V-Cup winner allowed a maple leaf above their crest until the next V-Cup is awarded. This is in case another Championship Arm Patch is won and worn, such as the MLS CUP, the MLS Shield or [hopefully] the CPL Premiership.

• 2 months later...
On 01/07/2016 at 7:09 AM, Adam H said:

I like the idea as well.

What about something simple, like a small maple leaf over the team crest, much like world cup winners' stars?

You could even use the maple leaf from the V's logo

VsCupStars.gif

Brilliant idea, but a bit over the top after more than three or so.  

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest problem with the badge is sponsors.

Amway would likely say "We sponsor the V-Cup, it's the Amway V-Cup, we want that on the badge" at which point MLS says "Well, Herbalife is one of our sponsors, they won't have our broadcast clouded with it"

That said, as far as a patch, I'd like to see the cup take more prominence in @Footballsaves 's design and the actual word "Voyaguers Cup Champion" on the patch somewhere.

Anyways, as far as the maple leaf, having it always be red, or white in the case of a Red colored Kit would be ideal. I'm not a fan of the V (sorry @GuillermoDelQuarto) because it is both the US Libtery Head nickel V (for the Roman Numeral 5). That and it's also the Canada's V nickel (in our case, the V is for Victory) which while I'm all for supporting our veterans, the V cup and Canadian soccer has never been deeply associated with the military (unlike the Grey Cup, where military teams literally played for the trophy). It also implies you won it 5 times, and it's just too busy.

That said, opinions are like orrifices, we all have a couple and some of them stink.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Sorry, I'm dragging up an old post but I wanted to re-visit this idea now that we for sure know there will be more team involved in the cup in the upcoming years. We didn't get far last year, but I'm hoping we can find a design that both V's members, the CSA and the clubs will like. Our original design still stands, however, by no means is it set in stone. I know there are some talented designers out there that might have some ideas. Again, I'm thinking something that is fairly club neutral and stands out to signify the wearers as V's Cup champions. The most obvious example out there is the club world cup badges the current holder Real Madrid wear. Ours doesn't have to look like that, but it is an example of a club neutral design. Love to hear more thoughts.

Archived