Potential Dates for Pre-Olympic Friendlies

MrsC

It is hard to imagine that there won't be a friendly during the May 30-June 7 FIFA window since the NWSL doesn't have any scheduled games during that time.  I wonder how many friendlies we will get (surely there will be a few in the months leading up to the Olympics ?), where they will be and how long we will have to wait before they are announced. 

11 hours ago, MrsC said:

It is hard to imagine that there won't be a friendly during the May 30-June 7 FIFA window since the NWSL doesn't have any scheduled games during that time.  I wonder how many friendlies we will get (surely there will be a few in the months leading up to the Olympics ?), where they will be and how long we will have to wait before they are announced. 

Hopefully Winnipeg again :)

1 hour ago, MrsC said:

This is going to be a tough choice for me.  I was planning to go to Chicago the following weekend to see the Thorns play and I can't really do both.  I'll have to think this out a bit.

It would be an easy choice for me. Love Toronto. Love Ottawa. (although I hear Chicago is a great city)

10 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

It would be an easy choice for me. Love Toronto. Love Ottawa. (although I hear Chicago is a great city)

For me, I like to put some money toward the NWSL since Women's pro teams struggle so much & I don't know if I can fit any other games into my schedule.  Of coarse I love supporting Canada as well, but I am already travelling to several Canada games this year, and was hoping to spread my support out a bit.  If only a game had been scheduled for Winnipeg -- I could have done both.  I haven't made up my mind yet, but I guess I will need to in the next couple of weeks.

50 minutes ago, MrsC said:

For me, I like to put some money toward the NWSL since Women's pro teams struggle so much & I don't know if I can fit any other games into my schedule.  Of coarse I love supporting Canada as well, but I am already travelling to several Canada games this year, and was hoping to spread my support out a bit.  If only a game had been scheduled for Winnipeg -- I could have done both.  I haven't made up my mind yet, but I guess I will need to in the next couple of weeks.

Yes I hear you and completely agree. Supporting with your pocketbook is critical especially for women's soccer. 

Archived