2015-16 NASL Offseason

shermanator

10 hours ago, jedinathan said:

Repost from the National team thread. For any V's who are interested in a FCEd Ledgerwood jersey.

"For people looking for an FCEd Ledgerwood kit: the club has responded on Twitter to me and will be making them. Just have to call and ask for it done (I assume there will be an extra charge for it, but the jerseys are cheap last I checked). 

780-700-2600"

I got on the list this aft :)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC Edmonton have signed Canadian goalkeeper Nathan Ingham, and Brazilian attacking midfielder Gustavo Salgueiro. Neither of these players played for Real Madrid or Liverpool. Sounds like Ingham will be a third string keeper in the mold of when Farago just signed. Gustavo looks to be someone who Miller wants in the starting 11 to replace Laing. 

http://www.fcedmonton.com/news/2016/01/20/fc-edmonton-adds-goalkeeper-ingham-midfielder-salgueiro-?utm_campaign=FC+Edmonton+Website&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=1453302473

4 hours ago, Levi Oakey said:

Nate's a natural leader. I hope Edmonton gives him a chance. I know that Edmonton has seen a few keepers sign in that third position and disappear so I hope that isn't Nate. He is a great shot stopper and very vocal.

Needs playing time though.

I actually think it's a bad move for him. Miller loves MVO as his #1, no matter what he does. Tyson Farago, looked great when he barely got to see the field and is apparently called up to the next CMNT camp.

I just don't see him getting any times.

1 hour ago, Soccerpro said:

I actually think it's a bad move for him. Miller loves MVO as his #1, no matter what he does. Tyson Farago, looked great when he barely got to see the field and is apparently called up to the next CMNT camp.

I just don't see him getting any times.

I am guessing that he had few pro options.  I would think Callum Irving (All-America 1st team GK in the NCAA) won't find a pro opportunity better than this one.  

Jason

First, this is an example of KW United developing a Canadian player who went pro after the fact! Since I was harping on the club's lack of minutes given to Canadians a few months ago I should acknowledge this fact.

Second, unless there are injuries to both van Oekel and Farago, Ingham will be hard pressed to find a start, save for any throwaway games at the end of the year if the club are eliminated from postseason contention (similar to how Farago got his one start in 2014 and two starts in 2016). But, don't forget that John Smits signed with Edmonton in 2012 as a fourth stringer, so it's still a foot in the door.

• 4 weeks later...

MFC_pablocampos(1).png

Miami FC announced the signing of Brazilian striker Pablo Campos today. The former Minnesota United forward has played in the North American Soccer League (NASL) since 2011 and became the first modern day NASL player to reach 50 career goals.

http://www.miamifc.com/news/2016/02/19/modern-nasl-all-time-leading-goal-scorer-signs-with-miami-fc

7 hours ago, CDNFootballer said:

Miami FC announced the signing of Brazilian striker Pablo Campos today. The former Minnesota United forward has played in the North American Soccer League (NASL) since 2011 and became the first modern day NASL player to reach 50 career goals.

http://www.miamifc.com/news/2016/02/19/modern-nasl-all-time-leading-goal-scorer-signs-with-miami-fc

Scary stuff!

Archived