2015-16 NASL Offseason

shermanator

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said the Best the defense ever looked.......30 games 41 goals conceded.  Look at last 2 years, 34 games and 54 and 58 goals conceded.  They finally made the playoffs this year so i guess who cares.  But CANN and NANA did very well that year, I didn't think that just a few years later they would both be in NASL. 

20 hours ago, Steedman said:

Busy, busy off season! The Fort Lauderdale Strikers announced the signings of four players on Tuesday: Defenders Gale Agbossoumonde and Nana Attakora, and forwards Maicon Santos and Giuseppe Gentile. Hope the young Canadian kid keeps getting 1st team minutes. 

Strikers should have more additions coming soon, they have 12 on the roster now and play in 11 days on January 10 vs Germany's FC Shalke 04 in the first match of the Florida Cup.

20 minutes ago, CDNFootballer said:

Strikers should have more additions coming soon, they have 12 on the roster now and play in 11 days on January 10 vs Germany's FC Shalke 04 in the first match of the Florida Cup.

Are you talking about Florida Cup like a legit competition. They can put a team full of Unnamed trialists.

8 hours ago, CDNFootballer said:

Thats not their plan and it shouldn't be. Expect more signings.

Do you work for them? Almost every American team that has played in matches this early in preseason will play trailists. I fully expect them to play with trialists because every club does that.

On December 30, 2015 at 10:18 PM, Bison44 said:

Maybe its just me but the best the TFC defense ever looked was with CANN and NANA at CB back a 4-5 years ago when he was a pup.  Sad to see him languish in NASL, contract disputes, concussions etc really hurt his development.   

I don't disagree, but I think the reason was that Preki had the team set up so ultra defensively it seemed like the team wasn't allowed to cross the halfway line sometimes. That team setup will make any CB look good.

5 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Do you work for them? Almost every American team that has played in matches this early in preseason will play trailists. I fully expect them to play with trialists because every club does that.

23 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Are you talking about Florida Cup like a legit competition. They can put a team full of Unnamed trialists.

Like I said its not their plan to put a team full of Unnamed trialist's together for the Florida Cup. There may be a few though, we'll see.

Strikers roster now at 15 with 3 more signings today :

http://www.nasl.com/news/2015/12/31/strikers-sign-trio-of-goalkeepers

Rumour's of former Manchester United midfielder and former World Cup Champion Kleberson to be signed in the next few days for the Strikers along with fellow Brazillion Adrianinho, the former Ponte Preta attacking midfielder.

Its official now, Strikers sign attacking Brazilian midfielder Adrianinho :

http://www.strikers.com/news/2016/01/03/attacking-midfielder-adrianinho-signs-with-fort-lauderdale

And fellow Brazilian World Cup Champion Kleberson :

http://www.strikers.com/news/2016/01/04/world-cup-champion-klberson-joins-the-strikers

Strikers roster now at 18.

Reading the @AlamoSoccer twitter account and lots of news there. The Chicago expansion of NASL, FC Dallas teaming up with Oklahoma City USL side as their 2nd team (implicitly removing part of the pressure on the USL side to compete with the new NASL team), OKC to play friendlies vs Dynamo. Still talk of San Antonio going to Las Vegas. 

I've been trying to follow any of the SA players and none seems to say anything about their future, still in the air. Cann is probably close to retirement, Nana was out of contract at year's end, and Fernandes has been travelling the world with no news about where he'll play out the final half year of his Twente contract.

With Alen Marcina new coach at OKC, expect a few Canadian signings there, would not be at all suprised. He says he is going to look for players the world over.

I did not realize the Spurs have bought a USL franchise for San Antonio, starting this year, so that could be a destination for former NASL players. I read fans of the Austin USL side are not happy Dallas chose OKC Energy as their new affiliate.

I spend little time on NASL sites but it sure is interesting the moves being constantly made to position franchises for what seem to be future assaults on MLS franchise bids. Spurs getting a USL team has to be that, otherwise USL is too humble for them. 

Repost from the National team thread. For any V's who are interested in a FCEd Ledgerwood jersey.

"For people looking for an FCEd Ledgerwood kit: the club has responded on Twitter to me and will be making them. Just have to call and ask for it done (I assume there will be an extra charge for it, but the jerseys are cheap last I checked). 

780-700-2600"

Archived