2015 VCup Final First Leg - Montreal vs. Vancouver - August 12 [R]

Live on Sportsnet World.

(It's bad enough that the live broadcast is on a premium channel, but couldn't Sportsnet put at least a repeat on one of their 6 non-premium channels instead of endless repeats of Sportscentral and Blue Jays in 30?)

Every time AJH takes the field against us he just kills it. I've seen him a few times. If that is any indication then he is going to be a good one. Very good. Here's hoping he can play consistently for 90 that way. 

I thought Tissot was very good and Lefevre was the best Canuck on the field IMHO. Both Russ and Kianz were poor in the first half but played much better in the second. Kianz goes from "why is he on the field" to a great run and assist. He needs better consistency but when you see the bursts of excellence it makes one think he is almost there. 

Every time AJH takes the field against us he just kills it. I've seen him a few times. If that is any indication then he is going to be a good one. Very good. Here's hoping he can play consistently for 90 that way. 

I thought Tissot was very good and Lefevre was the best Canuck on the field IMHO. Both Russ and Kianz were poor in the first half but played much better in the second. Kianz goes from "why is he on the field" to a great run and assist. He needs better consistency but when you see the bursts of excellence it makes one think he is almost there. 

This is exactly right. Froese redeemed himself with an excellent second half. He is not easy to knock off the ball and makes intelligent runs into the 18 creating all sorts of havoc. He has also scored with great shots from the top of the 18. 

Teibert looks off. He hasn't got his groove back since the Gold Cup.

Tissot was very good. Lots of intelligent passing and movement. 

Can any impact fans rate Anthony Jackson Hamel for us? He seems to do well when he plays. What's his projected ceiling?

Jackson-Hamel seems to have some skill when he comes on although he is a bit inconsistent and at time is not noticeable. But often he looks pretty good and is in good positions and comes close to scoring, ie. hits post, but as yet has not put one in. Today though it was quite a nice finish of a pass that was a little bit behind him so very good anticipation. Hopefully this goal will give him some confidence going forward and he will start finishing a bit more.

I think all Canadians played pretty well. There seems to be a different attitude amongst this new breed of young Canadian talent in MLS, an attitude of confidence and cockiness. Hopefully that bodes well.

Great game in the end. I can't wait till Ottawa gets a chance at an MLS club.

In the past hasn't Montagliani had a sit down with the second leg broadcast crew at half time of this game? Can we expect Forest to ask about the idea of a new league?

Archived