Gold Cup Away Game Travel Thread Carson, CA and Houston, TX

Sport Shaman

Just staring a thread to see how many, if any, are contemplating going to Canada's first two group stage games. I am inclined to use this summer to hit my bucket list goal of following the CMNT through the majority of a Gold Cup tournament. So far, I have targeted the group games as do-able. Are there any others equally committed or equally in need of being committed to some type of institution?

My plan would be to fly YEG to LAX to IAH to YYZ on the days between the games and then see what happens after that. Any suggestions on how to co-ordinate ticket purchases so that all the Vs end up in the same section is also welcomed.

• 4 weeks later...

Just spoke with Stubhub box office in LA.  Was told there will be no supporters sections for this event.  Thought it was time to get proactive.  Not sure how many Vs are attending this, but however many we had better be together.  I recommend that if any of you have suggestions on where we should sit, suggest it asap.  Here is mine:  Section 120,  Row A (front row).   Seats 17 and 18 are for sale in this row, and likely many more than that.  This is just beside where the hard Galaxy support stand.  Tickets are cheapest for the event ($78.50 USD for a pair).  I attended the Canada/ Jamaica Gold Cup match in this stadium some years ago in the front row of Section 136.  Almost died of heat exposure, as we were the section with the most direct sunlight in the stadium.  From what I can see, Sec 120 will be free of sunlight much sooner.   Let me know if anyone has already purchased or have different ideas.  I'll buy these tickets soon, and will then send something similar for the Houston match.

Alright, got the tickets.

Stubhub Center Section 120 Row B seats 13-14

BBVA Stadium Section 115 Row A seats 5-6

General observations: Ticketing websites are AXS.com and are pretty much useless for letting you explore and see what tickets are available. Keeps trying to sell you tickets everywhere else except where you want to go and does not allow you to see what is available. Calling customer service telephone number also useless as the wait is interminable. Made me appreciate how easy it is to find tickets in Commonwealth Stadium via Ticketmaster. Nonetheless the deed is done.

Hell yeah; Allez Les Rouges!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone was actually paying attention, the Super Canucks banner was not displayed at the Stubhub center. I got to the gate and the bag check when I was told no banners that large were allowed. I went to another gate to try my luck but was foiled again. Had to check the banner with Customer Service and retrieve after the game with my claim check. Pointing out after the game that the El Salvador fans managed to put up two rather large banners was met with a mix of indifference and "well that shouldn't have happened." I suppose that if I showed up with over 10,000 of my countrymen that it might have been easier to get a banner through the perimeter.

We made do with a few Canadian flags instead and we will try again in Houston. Why are banners so unloved by stadium security??

If anyone was actually paying attention, the Super Canucks banner was not displayed at the Stubhub center. I got to the gate and the bag check when I was told no banners that large were allowed. I went to another gate to try my luck but was foiled again. Had to check the banner with Customer Service and retrieve after the game with my claim check. Pointing out after the game that the El Salvador fans managed to put up two rather large banners was met with a mix of indifference and "well that shouldn't have happened." I suppose that if I showed up with over 10,000 of my countrymen that it might have been easier to get a banner through the perimeter.

We made do with a few Canadian flags instead and we will try again in Houston. Why are banners so unloved by stadium security??

Mike, you and Steve were shown on the broadcast almost immediately about 10 or 15 min before kickoff. I have it in good authority that a huge cheer went up at the pint when you were shown on screen.

Archived