Provincial Flags for WWC U20 matches in Toronto

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure we have anything but the front few rows and even then I'm not sure what we will be 'allowed' to do. However I'm not really the guy to ask. I'm basing this on 2nd/3rd/4th hand info.

I think that is the case in terms of what is still available on ticket master, having only the first few rows. It worries me that they could shut down the flags etc if you say have 15 or so rows of kids soccer teams with their parents behind us. 

I think that is the case in terms of what is still available on ticket master, having only the first few rows. It worries me that they could shut down the flags etc if you say have 15 or so rows of kids soccer teams with their parents behind us.

Yes. Could easily happen. I've discussed this with a few others and we will just have to make the best of it.

I have SK of course. I believe Smiddy is bringing his old classic Canada flag. Hoping Ben has BC.

Maybe Finch can send his NL flag and someone can fly it for him.

Cal with NS?

Still this might not happen because of the security situation, but I will wait for someone else who is more in the know to weigh in on that.

Unfortunately Rob, like any East Coast boy my NFLD flag is adorning my apartment... in Russia.

Any news on this?

Sorry no. Bree is reliable but a terrible communicator. I would be prepared for this to go either way. I'll email her again but don't expect to hear from her until Tuesday.

She said she would help get the flag poles, so I'm not worried about that part. The question remains as to whether the CSA/FIFA will let us use them. I've reached out to the CSA as well but no response. Maybe someone with better connections could try them?

Just heard from Bree. She is going to text me when she gets to BMO and has the key to the lock up. I'll post here later when poles are 100% confirmed, but it's looking good.

I'll grab about 15. Let me know if you think we need more.

Just heard from Bree. She is going to text me when she gets to BMO and has the key to the lock up. I'll post here later when poles are 100% confirmed, but it's looking good.

I'll grab about 15. Let me know if you think we need more.

Sitting with guys with flags right now. We probably need 5 or so. If you need help carrying or anything else, post here and I can make my way down from shoeless joes ... Can probably drag a couple more with me.

So watching the game on TV, it didn't look like we were able to bring in flag poles. I only saw one flag waving in the bottom corner of 112. Is there any point in bringing a flag pole on Friday?

We got some flag poles there that can be used. Its the usual TFC security in our section that allowed us to go and get our drum. So we should be able to grab poles again we had some extras out last night.

I put the 6-7 poles that we snuck in under the 112 capo stand. I'll take them out pre game and put them under the seats in the first row of 113 on Friday. If we need more let me know. There are a couple of banners in storage that we need to get out on Friday so I can always grab more poles.

They were literally turning away fans with smaller flag poles on the way in so I thought we were screwed. I figured I'd sneak some out of storage and have them confiscated after their first use. As it turned out security actually kept an eye on my flag to keep people away from it when I went to get beers.

Who can understand this process? It makes zero sense.

Yeah its really inconsistent but we know how it all worked now and we can plan to make it better Friday.

It should be a lot easier to get on top of things now. And having the usual security people in 112 is sure helping. If it wasn't for her getting us into the room we wouldn't have had the drum.

We got some flag poles there that can be used. Its the usual TFC security in our section that allowed us to go and get our drum. So we should be able to grab poles again we had some extras out last night.

That is great. I will bring my flag and hopefully I can get one of those poles. My seats are in the 6th row of 113 so I don't know if I will be too far back from everyone else. I should have Bought seats closer to the front.

As a first timer in the Voyageurs section I am looking forward to meeting everyone .

That is great. I will bring my flag and hopefully I can get one of those poles. My seats are in the 6th row of 113 so I don't know if I will be too far back from everyone else. I should have Bought seats closer to the front.

As a first timer in the Voyageurs section I am looking forward to meeting everyone .

If it all works about the same as last game we will try to all migrate together again like we did in 112. All matters if people actually come or not the first three to four rows of 112 only had 5 of us. If its the same Friday we should stay together just easier on sound and the drum timing.

Archived