#CanWNT vs Japan - Oct. 25th @ Commonwealth

Tuscan

Alright, once again there will be a decent sized group of Vs heading to this one from across Sask (#TeamSK FTW). Let's get a good group of us there,this match is on a Saturday so there's no excuse not to make the trip. Might be a tad chilly late October, but the WCQ vs. Mexico was around this same date and it was dandy in the open-air mausoleum that is Commonwealth.

And there is also going to be a follow up match in Vancouver:

"The 25 October match will be the first of a series of two Women’s International Friendlies between Canada and Japan, the second match being played in Vancouver on 28 October."

Road trip???

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-s-women-s-national-team-back-in-edmonton-in-october-to-face-world-champions-japan-p155879

• 6 months later...

Got an e-mail with the pre-sale code...are we doing tickets that way, or doing something through the V's/CSA?

Personally, I haven't thought that far ahead. I suppose there is no reason we shouldn't have a conversation with the CSA about a supporter's section, assuming there are enough interested Voyageurs and friends of Voyageurs.

Getting closer on this, stay tuned. Assuming all goes as planned, do we have any kind of an estrimate on numbers? Bear in mind that it is on a Saturday at 2:00 PM so we don't have to worry about awkward start times on a workday and it should (touch wood) be warmer than for an evening game at that time of year. 

The supporter's section will be in the first 10 rows of Section P and they will be offered at a favourable price. In a day or two we should be receiving a link that will allow people to purchase tickets in that section which is currently not available for sale. As soon as I have all those details, I will post it here.

Please find the discreet Ticketmaster purchase link for the supporters section, in the first 10 rows of Section P, here:

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11004D139D3E6E1A?did=css

The link is not password protected and should be shared only with folks that understand what being in the dedicated supoporter's section means. We are getting a very good price on these but they are not intended to be just a source for discount tickets. If you buy tickets here, be aware that there will be persistent standing, clapping, drumming, singing and chanting throughout the match. It will also be a de facto general admission section so some movement of folks to seats other than the one they purchased will be tolerated.

• 4 weeks later...

Who is all planning on going?
Seeing as how he game is Saurday, mabe we can figure out a possible pre game location? Last game here for the U20 match we all met at The Pint downtown. Could do that or Sherlocks.

Seeing as how FC Edmonton have a very crucial game at 5:30, some of us Eddies supporters will be at The Pint downtown to watch it. We have our own back room so won't get mixed with hockey/football fans. We could make that our post game party if any V's are interested.

Who is all planning on going?

Seeing as how he game is Saurday, mabe we can figure out a possible pre game location? Last game here for the U20 match we all met at The Pint downtown. Could do that or Sherlocks.

Seeing as how FC Edmonton have a very crucial game at 5:30, some of us Eddies supporters will be at The Pint downtown to watch it. We have our own back room so won't get mixed with hockey/football fans. We could make that our post game party if any V's are interested.

I definitely agree on having the post game at the downtown Pint for the FC Edmonton viewing. As far as a pre game meet up is concerned, I think we should definitely do it and I think either the Pint or Sherlocks downtown would be the place to do it. I can't really decide so I leave it to you, and others, to make that call.   

Archived