New Umbro Kit?

"Canada’s Women’s National Team will open the doors to its training session on Thursday 30 May, ahead of the sold-out Canada-USA Rematch in Toronto. More than an opportunity for fans to get an insider look at how Head Coach John Herdman and his Olympic Bronze Medal Team prepare for the anticipated women’s international friendly, the session will feature the unveil of a new Umbro Canada Soccer kit through a special presentation."

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-wnt-to-hold-public-training-session-presented-by-umbro-p153985-preview-1

Anyone seen this? Any ideas when it will be available for public consumption?

I hate to say this, but I was sort of hoping for a new kit before the Gold Cup. I sort of skipped a kit with the new one, thinking they come out with them regularly. With going to Denver I was THIS close to cracking, and buying it. I was hoping for an announcement on a new kit before I did that, because JUST when I bought the chevron kit, they came out with the current kit. So I was stuck wearing an old one for 2 years.

Which is why I held off...and now JUST when I was about to crack, you guys post this. THANK YOU, I will wait a few weeks and get the newest one instead! (unless it is heinous. But I'm sure it will be fine)

I checked the Umbro store online and found a couple of other designs that I would be pretty cool with. First, the pinstripe one that Ireland wears

I've always though the pins stripes would look nice for Canada. The Southampton kit from this year would be cool.

southampton-team-kit.jpg

Also I am hoping that the red shirt will have a full colour CSA logo.

make the centennial jerseys in red with a big white leaf instead of the hideous CSA logo and I don't think you'd ever need to change them again.

BINGO!

But really all the other designs offered up I'd take for sure. They're all unique for international footy, not the same old bland "safe" template.

You mean like this one I made one year ago?

Yeah I remember this when you first posted it, brilliant mock-up. I think the red kit would need a black outline around the maple leaf or something to make it stand out a little more but regardless, this is fantastic.

Ok, how is it so hard to realize we should have the reverse Ajax kit ??? Can make the away kit black, or apparently even blue.

#beensayingthisforyears!

I really like this idea! I like a little modern, a little flash, and honestly I think a reverse Ajax kit brings it all home into 2013 for me. Brilliant idea.

In fact, umbro even used to do that kit for Ajax, so there's already an umbro version, they just need to update it. I like the collar look anyways, and you could replace the Ajax logo that's wrapped up in the background red, with the centennial leaf. Lose the sponsor and move the team patch to the appropriate spot, reverse the colors, and use a more "Canada" red and you have a shirt!

Or use their 2013 kit and reverse the colors too, whatever, I just wanted to point out that it's not like Umbro hasn't done this.

post-123478-139465254871_thumb.jpg

Soju's kit is almost exactly what I was thinking - maybe a bit wider white but overall great! I simply can't fathom how our national team hasn't had that kit yet. I could maybe see it when we wore adidas and Ajax may have had a deal saying no similar kits. But as we are umbro there probably isn't anything stopping it - can't see Ajax having a permanent deal with umbro not to make that similar kit.

canadarevajaxshirtveeneck.jpg

Yeah I mean I love that. I'd make the red a little more...what word...shinier? And the white band a little wider to give it a more modern feel, and then I'd make one of the sleeves white with a red border for contrast. Might try that out once I get back to the graphic arts software at work.

Can't widen the white much because it will affect the Umbro logo.

And the reason they won't make this is or any other custom kit is because it would cost them money to create the template. We should be adapting Umbro's latest cookie cutters if we want them to seriously consider any of our designs. This is more fun though.

Archived