Klukowski asks to leave Ankaragucu

nolando

If his contract has been terminated is he able to sign with anyone right now? If so the MLS would make the most sence on a short term basis would it not?

Not really. Preseason starts early July. He played most of the past season, so he'll need time to rest and be ready to join a new team from the get go. At most, he'd get a month or two of soccer in. No point in tiring yourself out and potentially injuring yourself before joining a new team.

I'm very interested in where he might pop up.

Don't we want MLS to get better? He seems like exactly the kind of guy we need making his way back.

I like the idea of having him on this side of the pond in WCQ year(s).

I think availability + MLS + not flying through 17 time zones will trump playing in any second tier Euro league.

What financial security does he have now?

None, that's my point. If he plays and gets hurt he doesn't have a contract to fall back on. If he did have a contract with a club and got hurt he'd have that security to fall back on.

I guess, but how much is that going to cover? Plus, if he misses a significant amount of time good luck getting a contract at his age.

This is where the commitment factor comes into play. I understand the concerns and chances are he isn't going to get hurt and he'll be fine, that would be a crappy thought to have watching your teammates play those matches, he'll also see his chances with our team suffer if he doesn't come since this is a WCQ year. Not necessarily the way Mike sees it obviously but thats the way I'd look at it.

Archived