Klukowski asks to leave Ankaragucu

nolando

Why every player on the CNMT should be linked with MLS? Klukowski is too good to rot in MLS right now, he deserves now something better, something that goes with his talent. I can agree linking MLS with players in their past 30s who aren't getting enough PT with their current clubs but that's not the case of Klukowski right now.

Why every player on the CNMT should be linked with MLS? Klukowski is too good to rot in MLS right now, he deserves now something better, something that goes with his talent. I can agree linking MLS with players in their past 30s who aren't getting enough PT with their current clubs but that's not the case of Klukowski right now.

Belgium, Holland, France, Switzerland, Germany Div 2...any of them would be better choices for Kluko than MLS.

Belgium, Holland, France, Switzerland, Germany Div 2...any of them would be better choices for Kluko than MLS.

I didn't link anyone to anything take a chill pill.

I just said he would be a quality Left footer in the league.

and he wouldn't have to worry about not getting paid. I didn't say Klukowski has been rumored to any team, but it's clearly an option for players across the globe now. We've seen players from all the league's you mentioned come over to the MLS for whatever reason, so why is it so wrong to acknowledge he would be a commodity to clubs in North America.

He's not that young anymore, MKE is not a big club, not sure how he will move to a club that will give him a better chance to play at a higher level. the higher level he is at the less he will see 1st team minutes. In a league with a Cap and restriction on players and where mediocre Left footers a can play for a long time in the 1st team (Jazic), maybe those facts would be of interest.

but like I said I was just saying he would be a quality player at the MLS level, I really don't know why people fly off the handle because of that, as it is true. maybe won't happen, but doesn't erase the fact that he would.

^ Besides Kotton could be looking out for the best interests in one of the Canadian Clubs getting him as a domestic player. However as said above, this would not likely be in the best interests of Mike unless there is nothing else for him in Europe

In order to improve the quality of the MLS, and the games seem to be better this year, you need quality players to play. He is not a spring chicken anymore and would be a great addition to most MLS sides at this point....maybe Montreal would be a good fit as they are not under any salary cap restrictions this year and will enter the MLS next year...food for thought....

On a MNT perspective Kluka in MLS wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

I'll say it again but unless a MNT player is either a) playing with a solid club in one of the top Euro league (ie: Atiba) or B) is a top contributor for an average or low team in a top league (ie: Simpson) I don't see MLS as a bad option for the others players who aren't in those situation.

I'm not sure what are Kluka options right now, but MLS wouldn't hurt him IMO.

Leather is not good enough moving forward. I would put right back as a priority draft selection next year along with centre midfield or right midfield. If they can't sign a significant DP for one of those spots....by the way....as was written "where is Phillipe Davies!?!?"

pleassssse I would hate to see one of our better players leave Europe. I love MLS but it should be filled with Adrian Cann types not Kulkowski types! I am sure he could attract attention from another Turkish club or a mid to upper table greek or dutch club.

This link shows a copy of the letter from Klukowski's lawyer(s) to the club: http://www.sporx.com/futbol/superlig/ankaragucu/a-gucu-fifalik-oluyorSXHBQ229626SXQ

Google translate doesn't work very well in Turkish so I can't make too much else out. It looks like FIFA might have already stepped in and terminated the contract on his behalf.

Not a ringing endorsement for leaving "safe" western Europe in search of bigger money in "riskier" eastern Europe. Like Lars, I presume he will never see most of the money owed him. Shame.

Also, it is probably a funny time of the year to try and find a club. Maybe he'll wait until the summer to try his luck again in Europe. He probably hast least a couple more years of well-paid European football left in him.

Bit of a catch 22. Some people complain that MLS isn't good enough for some players, but then again the quality of the league will never improve if it is limited to being a league of journeymen and retirees. Personally, for the long term growth of our top tier professional league, I think we should try to import as many quality players as possible. And in fairness, I think the quality of MLS play is improving to the point where it is unfair to say that people will "rot in MLS".

I'll say it again but unless a MNT player is either a) playing with a solid club in one of the top Euro league (ie: Atiba) or B) is a top contributor for an average or low team in a top league (ie: Simpson) I don't see MLS as a bad option for the others players who aren't in those situation.

But Klukowski has rarely wasted away on the bench like some of our other European players. He always seems to contribute and to play regularly and the leagues he's played in (and is currently playing in) are nothing to sneeze at.

The MLS talk is a tad premature.

But Klukowski has rarely wasted away on the bench like some of our other European players. He always seems to contribute and to play regularly and the leagues he's played in (and is currently playing in) are nothing to sneeze at.

The MLS talk is a tad premature.

That's exactly my point, we don't know his options at the moment. If he can find a similar situation to his careeer in Belgium he is probably better off staying in Europe but if, for some reasons, he can't find a decent club in Europe MLS is a good plan B for him.

I just don't think, as a MNT fan, that Kluka in MLS would have an effect on his play with Canada.

I can imagine he has interested parties in Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, and Sweden based on his time at Brugge! Whatever he does, for the love of God, do NOT go to Scotland or England. I shudder when our guys go there. Ever since Stalts at Spurs.

That's exactly my point, we don't know his options at the moment. If he can find a similar situation to his careeer in Belgium he is probably better off staying in Europe but if, for some reasons, he can't find a decent club in Europe MLS is a good plan B for him.

I just don't think, as a MNT fan, that Kluka in MLS would have an effect on his play with Canada.

If he can stay in Turkey or a league of similar or better quality I would prefer he stays in Europe. If the choice is between Belgium and MLS I think he would be just as well off in MLS at least in playing level terms.

I asked Chris Wade, a Turkish-based blogger, to summarize the situation for us and he did a fine job over here: http://ankarafootball.blogspot.com/2011/04/klukowski-saga.html

Sounds like a real mess and I suspect he will have a bit of a time of it trying to free himself from Ankara. This might get ugly.

FWIW, I suspect this also might have explained his no show for the Nats earlier in the year.

Archived