TFC GolTV

whale_31

I don't mean to hijack your thread but it's pretty bad for TFC's mainstream visibility to have 21 games hidden away on Gol TV.

It's hard to argue with that very clear and true point but on the bright side, we get Luke Wileman doing PBP instead of Gerry Dobson.

It's hard to argue with that very clear and true point but on the bright side, we get Luke Wileman doing PBP instead of Gerry Dobson.

Luke Wileman won't be doing all the games. Dan Dunleavy will be subbing in for some matches. Most likely when Wileman is doing Whitecap game for TSN.

Does anyone know if Rogers plans on showing the GolTV TFC games on channel 501 in HD again this year?

I don't want to bother ordering the channel if they are feeding the TFC games to the HD channel

Went to check if tonight's game was on 501 in HD and lo and behold Sportsnet 1 is now on 501. Guess we'll have to wait and see if they allocate another channel for GolTV HD...

Ah yes it is, thanks. Would appear tonight's feed is non-HD, but who knows going forward...maybe home telecasts might be HD? Wait and see...

The game was shot and produced in HD, I watched it on MLS MatchDay Live and it was in high definition on there (the highlights on the MLS official site were taken from Gol's coverage). MLS mandates that all league matches are produced in HD, so I think we can expect that going forward (in last night's case, I believe there was no local broadcast of the match so Gol sent an entire crew to San Jose to produce a broadcast).

Apparently Rogers is playing hardball with GolTV and won't be putting the HD channel on 501 this year (or 499). The only physical place you could have watched the HD feed last night was at RealSports (or on the MatchDay Live package, as previous mentioned).

Apparently Rogers is playing hardball with GolTV and won't be putting the HD channel on 501 this year (or 499). The only physical place you could have watched the HD feed last night was at RealSports (or on the MatchDay Live package, as previous mentioned).

This is probably pay back for the brainiacs at TFC FO deciding not to share any of the non-TSN TFC games with Rogers.

Archived