DeRosario's New Hair Cut

Drew Shaw

I can't believe any pro athlete would willingly have long hair. Seeing athletes like Steve Nash spend half the game wiping hair out of their eyes or adjusting their spaghetti string headband makes me wonder "does it really mean that much to you to look like a dirtbag"??

That's the same reason I think it's bizarre. You're trying to do some hard work, so look the part, and stop playing with your hair like a little girl.

Hair is important to soccer players. For example, Julian de Guzman with a fro had super powers. Julian de Guzman with any other haircut is a midget who always passes to the wrong team.

Exactly what I was thinking. If de Guzman gets a haircut, Toronto is f*cked.

The real story involving hair and the opening week of the MLS season is Nana Attakora. Of course I can't find the images online now, but he showed up at the CSA kit launch party in January closely cropped. About two months later, he had a LOT of hair on his head at Empire Stadium. That is amazing.

Exactly what I was thinking. If de Guzman gets a haircut, Toronto is f*cked.

Oh boy, you better sit down and take a moment.

On the plus side, that fro had to create so much aerodynamic drag that I bet he is much faster now!

Archived