MLS First Kick 2011

RS

Yes and let it be a warning to anyone who thinks he can talk smack about TFC that he will have to face the daunting ascerbic wit of Rudi! smiley-rolleyes010.gif

I bow to the master of YouTube clips with foreign underage prostitutes.

Perhaps this question should be in it's own thread, but what's the TV coverage going to be for these two MLS teams? Any word from the broadcasters or does anyone have a link to a broadcast schedule yet?

Nothing yet (hence the time TBD for both Canadian home openers), but I'm hearing that some new broadcasters have thrown their hat into the ring. I still expect a lot of games on CBC, however.

CBC is pretty busy with NHL playoffs for the first 3 months of MLS play and the NHL loves it's afternoon games on weekends. They own the final 2 rounds to themselves too. Would be nice to see TSN pick up more coverage, but with their recent broader coverage of the CFL that takes up some timeslots on Wed-Sat nights. Then again, TSN now has a 2nd station so that could work? Sportsnet has Jays baseball on pretty much every day from April through September.

CTV perhaps? The Score?

All irrelevant to me anyways since I abandoned TV for internet streaming, thankfully football being amongst the easier sports to find a stream of. :D

Aye. Well this past season it seemed that GolTV carried whatever wasn't carried by the major networks. At least when I tuned into any TFC game I wasn't physically at, I didn't have an issue finding it on the web.

I can't imagine NO television broadcast for MLS matches, I mean, it's got to top those poker reruns for ratings no?

pretty stupid, in my opinion, of having TFC and Vancouver play the first game of the season.

Vancouver will be hyped for their season opener regardless of who they play. I think putting TFC in later in the season would have been a better idea.

pretty stupid, in my opinion, of having TFC and Vancouver play the first game of the season.

Vancouver will be hyped for their season opener regardless of who they play. I think putting TFC in later in the season would have been a better idea.

probably to spread it around, since we will have a game out at BMO plus the VCUP fixtures.

I actually think it's a smart move to play TFC right out of the gate. The Caps will be hoping to beat TFC to usher in their new era at home in front of the home crowd. That kind of publicity would sound pretty darn good to people who are interested in the fact that the Caps are in MLS, but who are still on the fence as to whether they should take in a game or not. Beating TFC, who have dominated the headlines, would be a great way to break that headline domination as I'm sure all the media would jump on the story of the first MLS meeting between the two sides being won by the Caps.

Archived