MLS First Kick 2011

RS

What's the capacity of Empire Field going to be for MLS games? It only had CFL figures on Wiki. Would we get the 500 away allocation that's been agreed for the North West derbies? I'm definitely interested in making the trip and I know plenty of others who are too.

I have to admit, I was worried Vancouver might not get their first MLS win for a while. Good to see that won't be a problem.

Yeah, Philly is still pretty terrible.

Good thing the Caps are heading there immediately following an embarrassing home loss to a coach-less TFC, it'll be good for Vancouver to get over such a demoralizing start to their MLS lives.

What's the capacity of Empire Field going to be for MLS games? It only had CFL figures on Wiki. Would we get the 500 away allocation that's been agreed for the North West derbies? I'm definitely interested in making the trip and I know plenty of others who are too.

Ours is already bigger than Toronto's!

one way rivalry

Finally some common sense. It is indeed a one way rivalry, but it ain't us looking for rivals. Like Columbus, Vancouver will play the part of adequate placeholder until our real rival joins the big boy league in 2012.

It must suck for Caps fans, though. Perpetually the third most important team in both of their prized 'rivalries' (Cascadian and Canada). ;)

But sure, go ahead and brag about a stadium in which your team is the second tenant to a throwball team (and enjoy the FieldTurf for the next 25 years).

Finally some common sense. It is indeed a one way rivalry, but it ain't us looking for rivals. Like Columbus, Vancouver will play the part of adequate placeholder until our real rival joins the big boy league in 2012.

It must suck for Caps fans, though. Perpetually the third most important team in both of their prized 'rivalries' (Cascadian and Canada). ;)

But sure, go ahead and brag about a stadium in which your team is the second tenant to a throwball team (and enjoy the FieldTurf for the next 25 years).

It's like that girl in high school who would talk on and on about this guy whenever he came up in conversation, and finish off by saying "it's not like I care about what he thinks, though."

No, actually one way cause a Toronto sports team hasn't been relevant in 20 years, and are 2500 miles away, why share a rivalary with TFC when we have a had a long standing one with Seattle, seems foolish, yes it will be fun to have the canadian bragging rights but, I doubt they become the focal point of the Vancouver schedule.

It's like that girl in high school who would talk on and on about this guy whenever he came up in conversation, and finish off by saying "it's not like I care about what he thinks, though."

Good one.

It's more like that guy on the message board that is tired of hearing about what a huge rivalry we supposedly have with Vancouver.

We don't have one. At best, it's a mild rivalry based on the irritating chatter coming from the left coast.

I have absolutely zero against Vancouver, and as a fan of Canadian soccer I'm happy that you've finally ascended back up to the bigs. We need more of that.

And I also look forward to visiting the city and affording your side the same 90 minutes of disdain I've given to such places as DC, Chicago and New England when we traveled there.

But the fact of the matter is, while your fans are probably planning out another brilliant blow up doll tifo aimed at one of our supporters groups, we'll be doing the same thing in advance of this match as we have for previous matches against Vancouver. Namely, not much as we plan for the real rivalries we've forged over the past few years.

As for the Montrealers posting in here, don't you guys have another scintillating season of FC Tampa Bay and Dayton Dutch Lions to look forward to before you can even enter this conversation?

Hopefully we can visit BMO East again soon.

(All in good fun, but you should know I don't let smack talk go unanswered)

Archived