Montreal vs Baltimore Aug. 21st

MTL_4_LIFE

IMPACT 5 - BALTIMORE 0

BALTIMORE, Maryland – The Montreal Impact (7-10-7) signed a convincing 5-0 victory against Baltimore Crystal Palace (6-12-6), Saturday at Paul Angelo Russo Stadium, in Baltimore.

For the first time in club history the Impact scored five goals in the same match on the road.

The Impact also ended a six-game winless streak on the road and registered its first victory against Baltimore this season.

“The three points tonight were much more important than the score of the game,” said Impact head coach Marc Dos Santos. “Again we had many chances to score but the difference tonight is that we converted our opportunities. When you score one or two goals, you put yourself in a good position to win. The win is good for the team confidence. Now we have to continue to be positive, keep looking forward and think of our next opponent, because we have to continue to get points.”

Striker Ali Gerba scored the first hat trick in team history (15th, 38th and 44th minute). Eduardo Sebrango scored his second goal in as many matches in the 25th minute and also tallied two assists. Midfielder Antonio Ribeiro also found the back of the net in the 53rd minute of play.

Goalkeeper Matt Jordan registered his third shutout of the season. He notably made a key save when he dove to stop a high shot in the 78th minute. Team captain and defender Nevio Pizzolitto started his 250th career match in the league.

With six regular season games left this season, the Montreal squad is now ahead of the Tampa Bay Rowdies and joins the Minnesota Stars, in seventh place in the overall standings. The first eight teams will make the playoffs.

IMPACT GOALS

Posted near the front of the net, Gerba benefited from a ball coming from the left side to open the scoring. The forward dove to beat keeper Evan Bush to his left.

Forward Eduardo Sebrango doubled Montreal’s lead less than 10 minutes later. After receiving a cross from the left side from Leonardo Di Lorenzo, Sebrango beat a Crystal Palace defender and then scored his third goal of the season, with a shot that beat Bush to his left.

Gerba scored his second of the match in the 38th minute. After beating the Crystal Palace defence, Gerba beat Bush and was left with an empty net to score on.

Gerba completed the hat trick in the 44th minute, beating Bush with a high shot, after receiving a pass from Sebrango.

Finally, in the second half, posted near the net, Ribeiro scored his second goal of the season into an open net, after finishing the rebound left by Bush after a shot from Sebrango.

The Montreal squad will play its next match at Saputo Stadium on August 27 against the Rochester Rhinos, at 7:30pm (Radio-Canada, radio-canada.ca/sports, CKAC Sports, THE TEAM 990).

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1470&Focus=0

and it's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A big win, big 3 pts. 5-0 final

MON: A. Gerba 15'

MON: E. Sebrango 24'

MON: A. Gerba 38'

MON: A. Gerba 44'

MON: A. Ribeiro 52'

WOW! A pep talk from the boss can work wonders. Name names, kick a few asses, bring in a couple new players just in case somebody didn't get the point. Meant to watch that match too but Toronto FC made me good and sick and put me off soccer for a while (well, till Tuesday night anyway . . . )

TFC played pretty well, atleast in the first half. And trust me, with the quality of the camera work and the american football lines, maybe it's a good thing you didn't watch.

That said, excellent result. Five goals by canadian players, not bad!

For all of you ready to blow Joey The trash man Saputo, know that Gerba should have rocked baltimore like this days ago, Eddy was playing well before the speech and same with a lot of the others in the club.

We could have easily won 6-0 at home last meetup with CPBaltimore, or a lot of other bad results.

Nothing has changed due to Joey kicking a trashcan.

For all of you ready to blow Joey The trash man Saputo, know that Gerba should have rocked baltimore like this days ago, Eddy was playing well before the speech and same with a lot of the others in the club.

We could have easily won 6-0 at home last meetup with CPBaltimore, or a lot of other bad results.

Nothing has changed due to Joey kicking a trashcan.

should have ... and could have. Joey speaks the truth, and Gerba does score three, and IMFC does win 5-0. Give the man some credit. Had they lost the game, the ingrates would be the first to blame Saputo. Now swallow it.

Watch out - this Jeremy guy's got a blog. Don't make him use it . . .

So? Whats your point? Lets make fun of someone who has enough passion about his team and the sport of soccer to actually start a blog and write about it!? IF anything this country needs more '' Jeremy's'' with a blog if we want soccer to grow...

There are already few enough Canadian francophone footy blogs out there and I believe his might be the only to discuss the CMNT, so....

So? Whats your point? Lets make fun of someone who has enough passion about his team and the sport of soccer to actually start a blog and write about it!? IF anything this country needs more '' Jeremy's'' with a blog if we want soccer to grow...

There are already few enough Canadian francophone footy blogs out there and I believe his might be the only to discuss the CMNT, so....

talks about the MNT, as well as potential quebec/canada members. And the impact reserve side.

Ignore the Torontonian's humour.

Hey Mr.Impact do you work for the club or what? it seems like your licking the President's rear end very well. i am an impact fan and will always be one, but come on! his dumb interiew was just that....dumb! no president in the world would have ever said what he said the other day. everyone else is write when they say that montreal hasn't been playing that bad lately and maybe have been just a little unlucky. now they win 5-0, and Joey is the hero.

he is a great president for bringing soccer to this city no doubt about it, but he has shown to be a little too impulsie at times. accoriding to Joey the impact should win every year, and we all know that is impossible. just because you spend more money, does not mean you will win. what does Manchester city's board have to say after the past season's results? MDS and NDS have just as much fault as all the players do. the only reason he goes after the players, is because they are the ones without garanteed contracts and can get released almost at any time. that is the type of league they run and that is why Joey is part of the owners of the league. so they can do whatever they want. i mean seriuosly, going after Nevio? what a disgrace that is. the guy is having some massive family problems and yet you make comments about him. he has been at the club for longest time, he deserves respect, not a stupidity like that.

anyways MR.Impact, hope you keep your job in the club! hahahhahah

yawn

Hey Mr.Impact do you work for the club or what? it seems like your licking the President's rear end very well. i am an impact fan and will always be one, but come on! his dumb interiew was just that....dumb! no president in the world would have ever said what he said the other day. everyone else is write when they say that montreal hasn't been playing that bad lately and maybe have been just a little unlucky. now they win 5-0, and Joey is the hero.

he is a great president for bringing soccer to this city no doubt about it, but he has shown to be a little too impulsie at times. accoriding to Joey the impact should win every year, and we all know that is impossible. just because you spend more money, does not mean you will win. what does Manchester city's board have to say after the past season's results? MDS and NDS have just as much fault as all the players do. the only reason he goes after the players, is because they are the ones without garanteed contracts and can get released almost at any time. that is the type of league they run and that is why Joey is part of the owners of the league. so they can do whatever they want. i mean seriuosly, going after Nevio? what a disgrace that is. the guy is having some massive family problems and yet you make comments about him. he has been at the club for longest time, he deserves respect, not a stupidity like that.

anyways MR.Impact, hope you keep your job in the club! hahahhahah

everyone else is write when they say that montreal hasn't been playing that bad lately and maybe have been just a little unlucky. now they win 5-0, and Joey is the hero.

"Everyone else is write"??? wrote what??? .... All I said is that his speech, gave his club the motivation they needed to win the game, thats all. Playing well, and being unlucky doesn't count in professional sports, especially when you are the defending champions.

no president in the world would have ever said what he said the other day

There's team presidents in Europe, that would make you cry, let alone the players. Sometimes the truth hurts, and he didn't lie about any of the players he called out. BTW he criticized Nevio's leadership as a professional player, not the person.

that is the type of league they run and that is why Joey is part of the owners of the league. so they can do whatever they want.

Yeah... I'm sure that NASL D2, is Joey's biggest concern. How about MLS? Wouldn't you be pissed if the players we're playing and training like they don't want to be part of MLS 2012. He just reminded them, that there are no guaranteed spots for 2012, and the ones who are having trouble or are unlucky against D2 competition have to step it up.

Wouldn't you be pissed if the players we're playing and training like they don't want to be part of MLS 2012. He just reminded them, that there are no guaranteed spots for 2012, and the ones who are having trouble or are unlucky against D2 competition have to step it up.

He could have reminded them face to face, like you should deal with problems in life. How can you deny the fact that we outplayed Baltimore as much in MTL than in Baltimore, just that one time we were unlucky and the not the other one? Just the fact that he said he did not talk to any of the players himself discredits the whole thing to me. How about you get a job, you do your thing for six months, the company's not doing so well, and then all of a sudden your boss comes in the office and tells everyone of the 20 employees that Mr. Impact is cheating the company and leaves without telling you a word? That is just plain unprofessional, and because other team presidents do it in Europe or where ever does not make it OK.

And teddym, thanks for giving me a little exposure :) Calling out someone on my blog just because we don't share the same opinion would be immensly childish. And please, I don't want to be made fun of by someone who can be "put off soccer for a while" after a defeat from his team. Now talk about a real soccer fan!

Hey Mr. impact. what are you talking about. president's in europe would make you cry? oh ya right....

1- real madrid has been doing this sort of stuff for the past several years because they are not winning and spending so much money!!! not.

2- ah you ment Abramovich with chelsea for not winning champions league!! not.

3- Juventus because last year they were absolutely disgusting!! not.

4- oh you were talking about Liverpool that hasn't won for 20 years the premier league!! not.

these are just some examples, but i can take another 10-15 clubs(only soccer) around the world that you never hear a president crying publicly. you keep your problems in the dressing room not be a coward and use your power to take it to the papers, so you show everyone how tough you are.

as for nevio... who cares if it was only towards his leadership skills. it was totally wrong and a little immature and senseless. no class!!!!

trust me Biello was no hero or leader in the dressing room for the longest time when they were losing and no one said anything about him. how come?

limniatis said all the right things without specifying too much or else he probably would not be able to go to the stadium anymore.... well done John!

MrImpact, the problem we all have with this is how it was handled. Joey said all this in public, without ever saying ANYTHING to the players face to face even once before the trash can day. That`s terrible!

Hell, DeRoux didn't even know about what Joey said until I told him ~6 hours later.

Imagine if I had a problem with you(what a stretch), and instead of just sending you a pm to try and solve it, I held a press conference, told people your real name, that you work at ______ bank and where your office is. All of a sudden, it's a real world problem where people know a bunch about you, heard criticisms, and not even tell you about it before or after the press conference.

Kind of a dick move, eh?

well said Trident!

MrImpact, the problem we all have with this is how it was handled. Joey said all this in public, without ever saying ANYTHING to the players face to face even once before the trash can day. That`s terrible!

Hell, DeRoux didn't even know about what Joey said until I told him ~6 hours later.

Imagine if I had a problem with you(what a stretch), and instead of just sending you a pm to try and solve it, I held a press conference, told people your real name, that you work at ______ bank and where your office is. All of a sudden, it's a real world problem where people know a bunch about you, heard criticisms, and not even tell you about it before or after the press conference.

Kind of a dick move, eh?

Archived