Montreal vs Baltimore Aug. 21st

MTL_4_LIFE

Even if his speech did have some effect in motivating the players for this game, publicly humiliating players (or any type of employee) rarely has a positive effect in the long term.

I think that as long as he also congrats/praises them when they do good things, it won't be so bad on the long term. You surely don't want a boss who's always on your back whatever you do even if what you do is right, but sometimes it's good to get a slap in the face.

I'll go with an analogy, I know that because I'm a lazy m*********er. See, I've never been close to failing a class in both cegep and university, and because I know I have the abilities, I always wait until last minute to do/finish my work (yeah, like a lot of people). Result is yes I get my work done, in an acceptable way, but also that I could have done better, and I know it. Would I have a Joey Saputo slapping me in the face from time to time I would probably do better...I know my example is stretched, but it's human nature.

I agree maybe he should've spoken with the players in private before, but the fact is it had probably been done by Dos Santos and De Santis. And if they can't understand when their coach and their DT (as bad as he is) tell them, then maybe it's a good thing to call them out publicly.

My sources say no.

exactly...he did not say anything. he is a clown and probably(for sure) the same person who goes in the president's office and blasts the players so he can save his own ass. because we all know that with all the players being signed and released with no thought process behind it, NDS should be the person most responsible for all these situations.

that is the person NDS is and trust me MDS is not to far behind in this regards. the firing of John limniatis was also initiated by MDS who from the outside one can actually see the back stabbing so he could step in. Oh well, this should all come to an end in 2012 when the mls comes and brings along players who won't take this kind of BS and step up and talk back, like in the real world. players with european experiance and a whole lot less to lose if they are released....

Archived