Canada vs Peru Ticket Update

Admin

Seats are now released to the public, but we can still make group purchases through the Voyageurs ticket order form.

I have about 30 tickets left.

We have sold approximately 700. If some things on the table come through we should hit 1000.

Total ticket sales are close to 6000.

Not sure what the CNE will do to the walk up.

wow... I really hope we'd be able to outdraw an OHL regular season hockey game with an International friendly.

Well, the CSA's strategy of "release tickets at TFC prices in hopes that TFC fans will snap them up regardless of the lackluster opponent and a nearly invisible Canadian national team" was always going to lead to that, wasn't it?

Well, the CSA's strategy of "release tickets at TFC prices in hopes that TFC fans will snap them up regardless of the lackluster opponent and a nearly invisible Canadian national team" was always going to lead to that, wasn't it?

I suppose. I figured we would have gained some traction after WCQ in Toronto, but I will try and reserve my opinion and pessimism until we actually see the turn out on game day. I've got to admit that I'm terrified for what we may find in Montreal though...

I suppose. I figured we would have gained some traction after WCQ in Toronto, but I will try and reserve my opinion and pessimism until we actually see the turn out on game day. I've got to admit that I'm terrified for what we may find in Montreal though...

TFC has gained traction.

The Canada vs. Jamaica game was as awesome as it was because it was a World Cup qualifier, against an opponent that has large representation here, featuring a national team riding a high of a fantastic Gold Cup the year previous.

None of those factors are in play for this friendly. The CSA needs to realize that they still need to work to cultivate Toronto as a legitimate market for the national side. TFC success does not and will not equal automatic Canada success. The TFC supporters groups can only do so much, the CSA needs to do much more to get the average Toronto soccer fan enthusiastic.

That said, they are making small steps in the right direction. This same game five years ago woulfd have been 6000 Peruvian supporters and 100 Voyageurs. Obviously things are much better, in that regard. We'll be able to overpower the away support regardless of overall crowd numbers, which is a big thing, IMO.

Am I the only one who thinks that 6000 tickets sold almost three weeks in advance of the match isn't so bad? I'd think that those kind of sales project to a game day crowd of 11-12,000 which isn't so bad, really. If that were the case, wouldn't that be one of the biggest friendly crowds in recent memory for a non-glamour NT opponent?

Listening to Q107 this morning and earlier on the show a lady who had been playing "Stump the Chump" had her pick between 3 different prizes and she chose 4 tickets to the Canada vs. Peru match. Derringer was noting how Soccer was becoming a bigger deal in this city with TFC and the World Cup this summer and said he hopes we can cheer for Canada at the next World Cup.

Archived