Gerba with the Impact???

sebrango is getting old, byers will slowly get better as the season progresses just like he did last year. Ideally, i think the impact would be unstoppable if placentino would have better finishing if the addition of gerba. Brown is at the end of the rope and should be released however sebrango doesnt deserve to be released besides he is a good insurance policy because he is a money player. Gerba would be a great addition; i wish we would have had him for the voyageurs cup.

As long as he gets a USL style contract and not a TFC style contract I am all for bringing him back.

TFC style contract? u mean too much money?

I think he wants to stick around mtl and be part of the MLS experience, he has good years in front of him

^ Going to bet he got a decent payday with his release from TFC. Hard to guess what he'd see in Montreal (were he to sign) but I'm sure that while it might be generous it will also be full of outs for both parties and heavy on the performance based end of things.

Have to say Ali G was looking pretty lean going into camp this year, that at least showed a dedication to off-season conditioning. An indication of seriousness of purpose which may have been lacking in his younger days. Pity for him the way things worked out, but he's shown he can score goals. That's a valuable, valuable commodity.

And, after bouncing around a bit too much, he's maybe finally learned a thing or two about functioning in the real world.

MLS awaits if he can perform. I'd say that's a decent carrot for most everyone.

TFC style contract? u mean too much money?

I think he wants to stick around mtl and be part of the MLS experience, he has good years in front of him

Yes too much money and too many years. The problem with Gerba is there is about a 50/50 chance of him being a great or terrible signing. I think the Impact have to protect themselves with some outs and performance bonus even if it means risking losing him if he is a success. They don't want to have to pay an expensive buyout like TFC did. Whether he wants to stay for MLS is immaterial, he has to earn his chance and then when we do go there show that he can play at this level.

MLS is a season and a half away for you guys. Would he be willing to toil away in a second division north american team that long or will he try Europe again? Pay would probably be better in the lower Euro leagues vs what the Impact could pay. They are very well financed but not stupid about it (smart owners help) which is why they have lasted so long.

I can see him staying in shape with Montreal and then checking out Europe during the summer transfer window. If nothing comes up Montreal could be a great fall back plan. A lot worse places to end up and he would only be there for a year in div2 before they move up to MLS. I don't see him signing before he tries Europe in the summer.

Archived