NCC Game Day 1 Toronto FC vs. Montreal Impact

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brown does this every year...but they always bring him back....he has real problems....and they get rid of grande after one incident...atleast grande would work for the team and never leave them hanging on the pitch in 10....how life is....the ones from your home town get sacked, while the foreigners get all the luxury

Yes, it was the cut that needs to be treated. Strange he was carted off for it, mind you.

The red was a little overboard but it was a thug's move to make a punching motion, for sure.

DDR looks great. Don't think we've seen our last red in this game.

Montreal's lack of discipline comes as a real shock to me. It's a rough game with iffy refereeing, but the Impact are veterans and a lot of them have played together for a while - even hotheads like Braz and Brown, you think, would be able to control themselves on this stage.

I can't believe how nerve racking it is being an Impact fan! Maybe Brown shouldn't have had a red, but it was a major lack of discipline anyways. The ref is on fire, 4 or 5 cards? Another red seems like a distinct possibility in the second half.

That was definately a red. Not sure what Garcia did to provoke, something I am sure.

Wow. What a crap half of soccer. Might be the worst half of footie I've seen this year and that's saying a lot as I've endured about 14 of Celtic's matches this season.

On the bright side, we had fist-a-cuffs, one red, about six yellows, and the body count now stands a two. With 45 minutes to go I'd say we're on a course to get that body count up to at least three which according to the CIA standards would qualify someone out there as a seriel killer.

Damn. I'd thought with Garcia out there Montreal had at least a "punchers" (ha, ha) chance at getting a result in Toronto. Well, now not only is Garcia removed from the equation but Montreal is a man down. Double damn.

Am I the only one who thinks Joqueviel put the ball behind the line too easily to concede the corner? He wasn't under that much pressure, and could have kicked it into touch instead.

Absolutely. Toronto didn't really generate that much from open play and Jocqueviel gave them a freebie.

Discipline aside, and given the context of having ten men, the Impact seem to be playing the more glamourous names of the FC fairly evenly. Toronto may deserve their lead but the Impact are emerging with more credit than, say, Seattle did.

Are these the 2 worst sets of jerseys you've ever seen going head to head?

LOL!

Yeah, apparently no TV people were present when the teams offered their strip to the ref for approval during the pre-game.

Lets, see. Light grey with black short & white socks against pink shirts, black shorts & pink socks. Somewhere out there a producer is cringing.

Archived