FC Edmonton is gonna be a joke

Your middle one is the only one of the 3 that I like but I don't think it is superior to what they have. Maybe they should have a design the logo contest and get some free publicity happening. Tastes are somewhat personal and I think their original one, while a tad busy, was okay. It was a far lot better than the Victoria Highlanders first cut ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure that the Eskimos would be overly happy with a green and gold colour scheme...

Anyway, as I said, these were really just rough drafts to try out some ideas. I started with their current logo and started moving from there. My biggest problems with their logo is that the font is mismatched to the style, the banner covers too much of the shield for no good reason, the ball looks like terrible clipart, and the colour scheme is uninspired.

Just for fun, here's one more...

fce04.th.jpg

I'm not sure that the Eskimos would be overly happy with a green and gold colour scheme...

Anyway, as I said, these were really just rough drafts to try out some ideas. I started with their current logo and started moving from there. My biggest problems with their logo is that the font is mismatched to the style, the banner covers too much of the shield for no good reason, the ball looks like terrible clipart, and the colour scheme is uninspired.

Just for fun, here's one more...

fce04.th.jpg

Why not the incredibly distinct blue and orange of the Oilers...at least it gets away from the blue and white.

Wait another minute...

I think its safe to say that as we all obsess over 22 men (or women) chasing a Pigs bladder around a field for another ninety (minutes that is) I think we all understand our own Personal Stupifidiousness and should check it at the door. ;)

So! onwards once more into the realm of Glorious Distraction, and good luck to all the boys who turned up this afternoon for the open trials; because, truth be told, we'd all would have given our eye teeth to have had the chance to shine as they did today.

God bless every last one of 'em!:D

PS... Stupifidiousness? Yep, just made it up. Stick that in yer pipe Mr Samuel Johnson! (he complies Dictionaries- don't cha Know!)

Strobe_z,

I think the one on the left is awesome!!

I agree that the one on the left looks great. I would remove the 'FC' from the top left quarter, though. It'll only encourage people to refer to the club as 'the FC' or some other stupid variation (see TFC). I would just go with 'Edmonton' on the banner, or 'FC Edmonton' if you must.

It matters. A logo/crest says a lot about an organization and that one screams "we're cheap and low quality".... If you look bush-league, you'll be treated bush-league.

ANYway, I didn't realize that FCE had rolled out their logo on more than just their website, so I'm guessing the chances of them changing it are slim to none... and I really should be concentrating on grad school and not indulging my graphic design hobby... so I decided not to send these in and just post them here for comments.

fce01.th.jpg fce02.th.jpg fce03.th.jpg

Obviously I decided to stick to the EFC colour scheme and I didn't really have time to choose the perfect fonts.

I left a comment on the FCE website on the logo subject and amongst othe things, mentioned the wild Rose insignia. I got the following response. (The Derrick comment came from another source)

"Submitted by FCEdmonton1 on Sun, 04/25/2010 - 12:44.

Well I don't really agree with the oil derrick as it was used in the Drillers logo, however the wild rose would definitely have been a great addition to the logo. I for one was proud to wear the wild rose ref badge that ASA was using prior to the CSA hostile takeover :op however, i am proud for one to even be able to field a team in NASL, This is an exciting time for footie!! Next stop Team Canada in WC 2014!!"

someones paying attention. Still nothing on the game schedule though.

fce01.th.jpg fce02.th.jpg fce03.th.jpg

Obviously I decided to stick to the EFC colour scheme and I didn't really have time to choose the perfect fonts.

That is what I'm talking about. Great simple design. Any one of those or the 4th one you made are much better than the current design. I really don't understand how their marketing department failed to capitalize on a logo design competition. Not only does that create interest and exposure for the club but it also creates a feeling of inclusion and loyalty amongst the fans.

I would purchase a kit right way if any one of your logo's were on there. If it remains as the current logo, then I'll pass.

Archived