Mar. 27 - TFC vs. Columbus Crew (R) (Webstream)

Tuscan

TFC's in tough for their first of the season. While there are questions looming over whether Columbus will be as solid as they were in the latter half of the 09 season, there is little doubt at the relative weakness in TFC compared to their manufactured rivals. In the poll, you should choose your predicted outcome, as well as whether you think TFC will find its way this year, or if MoJo's going to be tied to a leaky raft and dropped in the middle of Lake Ontario after the fourth consecutive non-playoff exit.

Webstream: will be posted on Saturday

Prediction: TFC 0 Columbus 2

DeRo is going to get marked out of the game, simply because Robert Warzycha isn't an idiot and knows DeRo is the only player who will start that is capable of actually putting the ball in the back of the net. JDG hasn't proven himself to be a potent goal scorer, and he probably won't start potting any against the Crew D. Schelotto is an asshole, we all know that, but he's really damned skilled for a guy his age, and will set up Sideshow Steven Lenhart to open the scoring. Lenhart managed two against a weak Toluca, and will find it about as easy against a weak TFC.

I'm sorry Preki, I know you want us to get behind The FC while things are looking bleak, but until Trader Mo gets the hell out of the office and takes the ass stain called Nick Garcia with him, which he shat upon TFC last season, I won't be able to put a full heart towards your team. Some defensive miscue caused by Nick the Knife-In-The-Heart-Of-TFC will lead to Columbus' second.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry Preki, I know you want us to get behind The FC while things are looking bleak, but until Trader Mo gets the hell out of the office and takes the ass stain called Nick Garcia with him, which he shat upon TFC last season, I won't be able to put a full heart towards your team. Some defensive miscue caused by Nick the Knife-In-The-Heart-Of-TFC will lead to Columbus' second.

Sorry for going off topic but I'm curious. Is Toronto FC called "The FC" by Toronto fans?

Worth pointing out that Preki very much defended Nick Garcia in his interview on The FAN 590. Bear in mind that Mo, Preki and Garcia were all part of the KC Wizards 2000 MLS Cup winning team.

Sorry for going off topic but I'm curious. Is Toronto FC called "The FC" by Toronto fans?

I've seen people use it online a bunch... but in "real life" I've only met one person visiting Ottawa from Oakville, call it "the FC"... it was the first time I've ever heard it, and my first reaction was "huh?!?"

Archived