Colin Jose on the History of the CMNT

powerof11

An astounding fount of knowledge and a commitment to football, Colin is one guy who has walked the talk and been able to translate his interests into hard results. He is not a poser nor a dabbler like me.

About five years ago,I received a call out of the blue from Colin, who had read a few things I had wrote, and basically sounded me out about my taking on some projects on my own that he felt should be done. I got the sense that he wanted to foster in a number of people tthe desire to carry on his work. I had to say no, as there was no way I could devote the time and energy into doing even a fraction of what he has done.

If anyone is inspired to devote some serious time to archiving soccer in Canada, contact Colin, whose fire has never burned out. You will find him a gentleman, patient and inspiring, and he would gladly help you get started.

Thanks Colin, and thanks to all others such as Rednation and the people here who keep the vision shining!

one of the best interviews on canadian soccer i've read all year. great work.

sometimes i forget all the disadvantages that we face to suceeed in wcq. and even still, we manage to impose even more stumbling blocks for ourselves, like not having a proper coach and not playing enough friendlies.

this struck me the most, re. why the states has left in the dust:

"The current USSF President, Sunil Gulati, teaches economics at Columbia University and at one time worked for the World Bank." While Maestracci, Ursini, and whoever else really runs our football are rank amateurs and fools.

Colin is beyond amazing and as the historian not only in Canada but also the US. I shudder to think if Colin would not have taken this path,there simply is no one who comes even close.This year,Colin was elected as a builder into Canada's Soccer Hall Of Fame after he resigned from the Hall Of Fame Committee as the Chairman of the Selection Committee.Colin and I have worked on several projects just to realize how little I know but also let me into directions that ultimately were mindboggling in it's outcome.

Great interview and full of great facts.The story on David Forsyth is remarkable.

I was in contact with Colin in the late seventees and he wrote me a note on David which said that he had something to do with soccer and was from from Berlin.Of course I thought Berlin Germany till one day I learned it was Kitchener he was talking about.That guided me to the the man Canadian soccer should be very proud of.David Forsyth is recognized as the Father of Canadian soccer and his life story is amazing.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Colin is beyond amazing and as the historian not only in Canada but also the US I shudder to think if Colin would not have taken this path,there simply is no one who comes even close.This year,Colin was elected as a builder into Canada's Soccer Hall Of Fame after he resigned from the Hall Of Fame Committee as the Chairman of the Selection Committee.Colin and I have worked on several projects just to realize how little I know but also let me into directions that ultimately were mindboggling in it's outcome.

Great interview and full of great facts.The story on David Forsyth is remarkable.

I was in contact with Colin in the late seventees and he wrote me a note on David which said that he was from Berlin.Of course I thought Berlin Germany till one day I learned it was Kitchener he was talking about.That lead to the the man Canadian soccer should be very proud of.He is recognized as the Father of Canadian soccer and his life story is amazing.

Indeed.

Archived