May 6 - V's Cup: Vancouver v. Toronto (Pre Match)

One week to go, may as well start the thread.

It seems like the only trash talk is between Mtl-Tor, hopefully we can change that here.

So let me begin with a general question: out of the 3 teams in the cup, which team has no hope of winning?

Here's a clue... it's the team whose best player is a washed up former fringe national team player whose only claim to fame is that his brother is actually good at his chosen sport.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way the Whitecaps are playing they don't have a chance. And in all honesty, this tournament falls way too early in the USL season for either of the USL teams to realistically have a chance. This is especially the case for Vancouver with all of the turnover and injuries. A month from now when Justin Moose and Marlon James are fully fit, the Caps would have a shot. But by then they will already have played their 2 road games and might be mathematically eliminated just like last year.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

nah ..I would say its the team that hasn't won a single F-ing thing in their miserable existance. They also are the only outfit to play on artifical turf. Major League My ass.

And what a long existence it's been...

quote:Originally posted by masster

The way the Whitecaps are playing they don't have a chance. And in all honesty, this tournament falls way too early in the USL season for either of the USL teams to realistically have a chance. This is especially the case for Vancouver with all of the turnover and injuries. A month from now when Justin Moose and Marlon James are fully fit, the Caps would have a shot. But by then they will already have played their 2 road games and might be mathematically eliminated just like last year.

mass: reasonableness has no place in this thread.

Mr. Impact: buzz off little boy, mom and dad are having an adult conversation here (mom = vancouver, dad = the mighty TFC)

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

looks like MediaGuy beat him to the punch with that racist "cheese" remark. [:0]

The cheese remark was clearly about Saputo, who happens to be in the dairy business.

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

No, it's making fun of those that believe that the USL-1 is a better option than MLS. "Cheese" refers to who they might be getting that misguided idea from.

Who exactly has said that? Once again one would think that a decent credible journalist would not try to win arguments by intentionally misrepresenting his opponents arguments.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Saputo is also in the business of winning, what have you won? ...

I personally haven't won anything. How about you?

I'm not even sure why there are so many Montreal posters talking trash in this thread. You guys can't wait until next week?

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

I'm not even sure why there are so many Montreal posters talking trash in this thread. You guys can't wait until next week?

One guy who is not even liked by the other Montreal fans equals so many Montreal posters?

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

One guy who is not even liked by the other Montreal fans equals so many Montreal posters?

My mistake.

I guess Mr. Impact's crap smells so badly that it seems like more than just his own. Still, it'd be nice to get a bit more of a West Coast presence in this thread.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Of course you haven't won anything. Stop stating the obvious, everyone knows you, and the team you support are losers.

Archived