The slow unraveling of the MLS has begun

john tv

quote:Originally posted by Vic

Love 'em or hate 'em, can't live without 'em.

Or "Can't live with them and beating them is illegal" ? ;)

"According to a report in the Los Angeles Times, Beckham will now remain with AC Milan until the end of the Italian season in late May. "

Pretty much what I'd posted earlier. I'd say this bodes well for Montreal. TFC, Seattle and several others will still do well because they don't rely on "the star" syndrome. Vancouver and Portland could put up good numbers for attendance. Montreal will get one of the failing franchises when they relocate.

Now how will MLS handle the post DB era? Hopefully better than the NASL post Pele era.

in one respect, Miami's bid has imploded because of Beckham (though, this is a blessing in disguise as I can't see a sustainable franchise in Miami and helps boost Cdn cities bids)

http://soccerlens.com/barca-miami-project-implodes-claure-blames-beckham/22933/

The economic picture changes if David Beckham does not return to MLS,” Claure told El Deber. “Today, I would say that [barca Miami] will not happen. Being optimistic, we have a 50% chance to get the franchise.”

These newby soccer journalists like Kelly, who couldn't f*ing spell MLS before Beckham came along, have a slightly difft view of things than those who have followed the MLS for over 10 years. If their paranoia can scare away the opportunists looking to cash in big on a DB-hyped league and increase the likelihood of solid soccer clubs such as the Whitecaps or Impact getting in, then all power to the hacks.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

These newby soccer journalists like Kelly, who couldn't f*ing spell MLS before Beckham came along, have a slightly difft view of things than those who have followed the MLS for over 10 years. If their paranoia can scare away the opportunists looking to cash in big on a DB-hyped league and increase the likelihood of solid soccer clubs such as the Whitecaps or Impact getting in, then all power to the hacks.

Agreed 100%

Kelly is clueless.

He shouldn't be taken seriously. His articles should be ignored. As should his existance.

We shouldn't be linking his stories, less traffic to his work builds to a higher potential for him being bounced. Why give him the attention that he requires; he's like McCowen at 590. When McCowen needs attention (rating sweeps), he turns to bashing the game and the ensuing responses generate the attention he seeks.

Aside from Stephen Brunt and Richard Starnes, we've got zip in the media that appreciate footy.

Knight, Molinaro and Reed simply preach to the choir.

and then we've got JohnTV (Idon'tnohow2usespellcheck) Vanderkolk antagonizing the media on behalf of the footie community.

Until our top domestic teams and our National teams are consistently competitive, football is nothing more than a niche sport to the mainstream media.

Spic and squitteee,you have one thing in common,you both are let's say extremely dishonest not crooks yet,but why are you hiding by not showing on your profile who you are.What are you hiding from and it shows to me that we are dealing with pseudo effen crooks.My toilet answer in your face.

I'm not sell at all on the fact that Kerfoot is ready to pay the 40M and samething for Melnyk.

Also add the fact that Saint-Louis has problem with the fee and I saw the MLS with no choice other than lowering the fee.

John, John, John,

we shared a table at a Robbie dance.

I drank coffee in your Kitchen when you were just off Burrows Hall.

you're in my phone book.

the Milner club.

i'm crushed.... NOT.

I'm not surprised John. Really.

Conversing with you is pointless. You were always too distracted, little eye contact, looking around, looking over the shoulder for someone more "important" or prominent in the public eye. You're a small talking name dropper John. Accept it. You were so desparate to be on the inside; a wanna-be-fart-catcher, and now what, 40+ years, and still on the outside.

But you were right on a previous post - I am a prick.

And Stevie Williams calls me a prick every time he sees me after I wind you up! And I'm pretty sure you know Stevie; you should, he's on your email list. But at least I can respect Steve.

quote:Originally posted by CanadianSwede

Unraveling of the MLS? what a load. When will these journalists realize that not only is soccer not going away but its growing and will continue to do so.

They'll learn one day. Football will be Canada's #1 (televised) sport in 10 years I predict.

Archived